WarEagleCJ7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Cazenave
Still tearing down but got the body off finally. Will have a 258 crank and pistons for anyone thinking about a stroke. Notice the passenger front spring is cocked outward. I think the hangar might be bent on the frame. The frame looks like it might be salvageable. Eventually mating a rebuild of the axles and Dana 300 to an LSI drivetrain from Novak.

Attachments

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

So it starts. No more money. No more free time. No more friends and family. My cj7 build became all consuming. Mine got back burnered for a long time now. New wife. New house. 10 acres of bare dirt. Primary rig got a face lift. Plus the need to have a life too. Hopefully after this fall mine will see some much needed time and love. I enjoy the jeep build threads. They create a desire to get to work on mine. Looking forward to seeing your work. Always loved the cj7s.

WarEagleCJ7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Cazenave
Some pictures of the part after about 12 hours electrolysis. I didn’t take a before picture unfortunately. One of the issues with assemblies I think is going to connectivity between parts when using electrolysis. I didn’t think 12 hours would be enough but I think you’re also going to have to move the wire contact points at different parts of the assembly to get the rust off in any reasonable amount of time.

Attachments

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Still tearing down but got the body off finally. Will have a 258 crank and pistons for anyone thinking about a stroke. Notice the passenger front spring is cocked outward. I think the hangar might be bent on the frame. The frame looks like it might be salvageable. Eventually mating a rebuild of the axles and Dana 300 to an LSI drivetrain from Novak.
Subscribed. Always in for a CJ build :D Are you saying you're getting rid of the 258 parts? I've gota 4.0 here that I've been considering doing a stroker build on.

Last edited:

WarEagleCJ7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Cazenave
Subscribed. Always in for a CJ build :D Are you saying you're getting rid of the 258 parts? I've gota 4.0 here that I've been considering doing a stroker build on.

I will have the internals of the 4.2.

Reactions: Downs

WarEagleCJ7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Cazenave
More progress made today. All engine peripherals removed: starter, water pump, fuel pump, timing cover, timing gears and chain. I kept the timing gears and chain if someone needs them. Dismounted the transfer case. Will need to get an engine stand to pull the crankshaft, cam shaft, piston rods and pistons. Anyone looking to do a 4.5 stroker needing the internals from a 4.2 can message me.

Attachments

Reactions: Downs