1949 International KB2-R Project

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Goldies

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Eli
Last Name
G
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to post here a build I've been working. Reason why I started this was My 06 D-Max is meant for towing and not the dirt. I was tired of getting left behind and force to skip obstacles. Something more capable was required. I hate Smog checks and expensive registration fees so I decided to build an old rig. The bones of the build is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I bought this off of CoPart for the sum of 2500 dollars. I didn't realize it at the time of purchase but it had over 10k in upgrades but more on that later. The body that will sit on the JK frame is a 1949 International Harvester Kb2. I pick this truck up for 1000 Dollars.

I recently started dabbling in YouTube, so I will post my videos but be warned I suck at this and any advise for this YouTube thing will be appreciated.

My 1st Jeep Wrangler : )
copart1.JPG
My 1949 International Kb2
20180829_145113 75%.jpg

Reactions: Neuvik

Goldies

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Eli
Last Name
G
This video is how I got the Body and Frame together.

In this video I made what I call the FloorSlide

The donor truck I chose and test fitting the new engine

The Struggle of trying to get the engine to start.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Goldies

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Eli
Last Name
G
Was able to do some more work on the truck.
I install my driveshafts
finalize my steering setup
work on making brake lines for the truck.

Last edited:

Goldies

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Eli
Last Name
G
I finally was able to design the floor for the truck. I used a Flow Master Muffler and an bunch of screws. The floor was holding up me from installing the seats. The seats I'm using are from a 2005ish Volkswagen Golf/Passat.

Goldies

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Eli
Last Name
G
My front locker was stuck on due to a factory sensor. I took it out, cut it and put it back. Spread some sealant around and threw the front cover back on.

Goldies

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Eli
Last Name
G
Made a video of my nonsense wiring job. Engine to LED headlights & taillights. Every time I wire a vehicle, I try to step up my game. I want the cleanest install possible. I started buying grommets from the junk yard to make things cleaner/easier. Installed a GM key to start the truck. Took awhile to get it all functioning and it is still not 100% done. 100% LED vehicle is new to me.