Rank IV

Explorer I

Modesto, Stanislaus County, California, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Freitas
Member #

Not to sure what to do with a bumper yet. Should I go with a metal bumper with a winch or put a whole guard to protect the front? I. Leaning towards the metal bumper w/ a winch. Not sure what I’ll do with the rear bumper as well. I need to get a receiver as well. ADF seems to make good skid plates and other accessories as well. Any ideas is much appreciated. I have a 2” lift with falcon a/t on stock rims. I haven’t done much research on rims yet.

Attachments

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

IceBear505

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nesbit
Member #

Not to sure what to do with a bumper yet. Should I go with a metal bumper with a winch or put a whole guard to protect the front? I. Leaning towards the metal bumper w/ a winch. Not sure what I’ll do with the rear bumper as well. I need to get a receiver as well. ADF seems to make good skid plates and other accessories as well. Any ideas is much appreciated. I have a 2” lift with falcon a/t on stock rims. I haven’t done much research on rims yet.
I went about the same path you did and wish I would have adjusted my investments a little... Focus on lift, tires AND wheels. I made the budget mistake of going with tires wrapped on stock wheels. I regretted not switching wheels as well. I finally got a set of Sparco Terra wheels (5) along with paying for ANOTHER set of ATs. I also went with a full Curt receiver and swinging spare mount. That is fine but wish I went with the accessory swing receiver as well. Skid plates and rock sliders by RalliTek. No regrets. Crawford AOS and intake billet block. Winch and front bumper future investment. Right now I am planning a CVT cooler. Did a big road trip this summer and my CVT was suffering on the hills with my curb weight and roof box.

20230820_072443.jpg

20230820_072457.jpg

20230820_LRcorner.jpg

20230820_072555.jpg

Last edited:

SJ Dave

Rank IV

Explorer I

First Name
David
Last Name
Freitas
Member #

I went about the same path you did and wish I would have adjusted my investments a little... Focus on lift, tires AND wheels. I made the budget mistake of going with tires wrapped on stock wheels. I regretted not switching wheels as well. I finally got a set of Sparco Terra wheels (5) along with paying for ANOTHER set of ATs. I also went with a full Curt receiver and swinging spare mount. That is fine but wish I went with the accessory swing receiver as well. Skid plates and rock sliders by RalliTek. No regrets. Crawford AOS and intake billet block. Winch and front bumper future investment. Right now I am planning a CVT cooler. Did a big road trip this summer and my CVT was suffering on the hills with my curb weight and roof box.

View attachment 264692

View attachment 264693

View attachment 264694

View attachment 264695
That looks cool. I’m not sure if I want to still go with 17” or go to 16” and hopefully It’ll have room around the breaks. I know there are a few bumper options. I was thinking of getting a Crome deleted grill with lights on it as well. I wasn’t aware about the intercooler for the cvt.

IceBear505

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nesbit
Member #

View attachment 264692

View attachment 264693

View attachment 264694

View attachment 264695
That looks cool. I’m not sure if I want to still go with 17” or go to 16” and hopefully It’ll have room around the breaks. I know there are a few bumper options. I was thinking of getting a Crome deleted grill with lights on it as well. I wasn’t aware about the intercooler for the cvt.
15" Sparco Terra worked with my Crosstrek brakes...

SJ Dave

Rank IV

Explorer I

First Name
David
Last Name
Freitas
Member #

View attachment 264692

View attachment 264693

View attachment 264694

View attachment 264695
15" Sparco Terra worked with my Crosstrek brakes...
Awesome. Not sure if I’ll go that small. I’m thinking of 16” and I’m not sure yet.