Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
I joined to follow your build as well, as commented above. I have an 05 Sequoia. Very good build and thread. Thank you for sharing!
Thx Derek, it's about time for an update.. I've done a few things since this last was updated.

Reactions: GooseBandit

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Beautiful Job. I moved from a 97 4Runner to a Silver 05 SR5 4wd with 85K that is pretty much a bone stock blank canvas. Your rig is an inspiration!
She gets us where we want to go.. lots more pics on IG @schfenn

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
You've seriously got me considering a Sequoia...
Best Overland SUV IMO.. space, capacity, Reliability, payload. All with a V8.. tough to beat

Reactions: shocwav3

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
She gets us where we want to go.. lots more pics on IG @schfenn[/QUOTE]
What is your ig name? Id like to see more.
[/QUOTE]

@schfenn

Reactions: Floridaexpedition

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Joined specifically because of this build. I may end up going this route vs buying a newish 4Runner.
Welcome! Let me know if you have any questions.. I've got some big changes in the works, I'll try and post updates.

Rtodd

Rank 0

Contributor I

Triangle, NC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Todd
Forgotten note from Death Valley: Suspension needs more travel - possible solution = disconnect/possible removal of front and primary rear sway bars.

After much research and discussion with our small group of Sequoia off road enthusiasts... I decided to remove the sway bars for a few days and get a feel for Wanda's performance.

Plan was to drive around the neighborhood, then nearby trail, then work up to normal driving conditions around town, highway, freeway etc..

That all happened in about an hour.. answer: should have removed the sway bars a long time ago... ride quality is much better, minimal body roll change, suspension rides smoother and quieter, and my goal of more suspension travel was accomplished. A few days later I ventured out with the trailer to experience the same results.

You can see our on-going discussion about the removal of anti-swaybars here: Who has their anti-sway bars removed?

Watch her flex... (that isn't even maxed out..) View attachment 83507 Mission accomplished!
That looks awesome

Reactions: MtnBnd

stocksj

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Brandon, Florida
First Name
James
Last Name
Stocks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4CWO
Service Branch
USArmy Retired
Kool Build, helps with deciding what larger SUV I may get, best bang for the money. At this point I'm looking at either a 4Runner or Sequoia.