Γειά σας! From Crete, Greece - I have a Isuzu Trooper and just started overlanding.

• HTML tutorial

GreekTrooper

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Greece, the islands of Folegandros and Crete
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US Army veteran
Hello,

Greek American who moved to Greece last year with wife and four kids. Just bought a 2001 Isuzu Trooper and just starting to plan overland trips around Greece. Right now I am living in Chania Crete while I work on my old farm on the island of Folegandros and build out my Trooper for overlanding.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Ben,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Europe and espacially Greece and the Balkans around are a great region for overlanding. There is so much to see.

If you like, take a look at the Rally Points for planned events in Europe. There you can filter by region. Greece, for example, belongs to the Mediterranean region of Europe. We also do a virtual campfire once a month, there are always members from many regions of Europe. Just join us next time if you like.

If you have any questions just ask, please.

Bjoern

Reactions: GreekTrooper

GreekTrooper

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Ben
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US Army veteran
Hi Ben,

Europe and espacially Greece and the Balkans around are a great region for overlanding. There is so much to see.

If you like, take a look at the Rally Points for planned events in Europe. There you can filter by region. Greece, for example, belongs to the Mediterranean region of Europe. We also do a virtual campfire once a month, there are always members from many regions of Europe. Just join us next time if you like.

Bjoern
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: El-Dracho

GreekTrooper

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Ben
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US Army veteran
Hi Ben,

Bjoern
Bjoern,

Is there an Overland Bound store that sells gear, and ships within the EU?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Bjoern,

Is there an Overland Bound store that sells gear, and ships within the EU?
Hi Ben,

No, not (yet). There was a project about that going on some time ago. Will try to find out about the status quo. Is there something specific you are looking for? Maybe we can arrange something or you could order together with other members from your region/ country to avoid too high shipping costs.

@Robert OB 33/48 Are you still working on the availability of OB apparel stuff in Europe?

Cheers,
Bjoern

Last edited:

GreekTrooper

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Ben
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US Army veteran
Hi Ben,

No, not (yet). There was a project about that going on some time ago. Will try to find out about the status quo. Is there something specific you are looking for? Maybe we can arrange something or you could order together with other members from your region/ country to avoid too high shipping costs.

Cheers,
Bjoern
Nothing specific ... but as I have been looking at all the cool overlanding and camping products coming out of the US I am trying to find resources and distributors here in Europe, and Greece. Trying to ship stuff from the US seems to be a pain.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
So you are looking also for overlanding and camping stuff in Greece and Europe in general? Some time ago we had a similar question and listed some distributors and shops of 4x4 and overlanding gear in Europe in this thread:

You could also check on the OB Map. There are also some mentioned there as POIs. Or post your question in the Europe/ Mediterranean subforum. Maybe it gets more attention and is better categorized there than in the introduction thread here?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Greek American who moved to Greece last year with wife and four kids. Just bought a 2001 Isuzu Trooper and just starting to plan overland trips around Greece. Right now I am living in Chania Crete while I work on my old farm on the island of Folegandros and build out my Trooper for overlanding.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
@GreekTrooper Ben, another possibility might be to order OB merch through Veterans In Action in UK. While you still might have to deal with the topic of import into EU at least maybe you could avoid too high shipping costs. Dave @Polaris Overland could help you with that.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hello,

Ben, Welcome to Overland Bound from across the pond in Washington State US, Looking forward to seeing a thread with some photos from your adventures, Always great to see overlanding trips in other countries.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello,

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hello,

Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.