Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I don't know what came over me. Is that a good way to start a build thread? :sweatsmile:

I really don't stick with my builds too long and the bug finally bit me. About a month ago I was searching for the new Ranger Raptor but ended up falling for a 2024 GMC Canyon. As far as building rigs goes, I typically prefer the base model. While I love the look and perks that come with a Rubicon for example, my Gladiator was a Sport that could (and did!) throw down with the big dogs any day.

The 2020 Jeep Gladiator: my most recent build sponsored by Real Truck (and some other brands).

2023.jpg
20230827_173144 (1).jpg

And my new 2024 GMC Canyon: Currently partnered with Method Race Wheels!

Not these wheels though, this is shortly after I brought it home.
Stock Angle 2.jpg

I really fell in love with the look of this new 3rd gen. truck, and the accessories/features are admittedly way nicer than my previous Jeeps. I will miss being able to stuff 37"s on, but this new build won't be needing to crawl anything (I hope!). Which brings me to my next new challenge, I went with the 2WD Elevation trim w/rear locker. As I built the Gladiator, my motivation shifted away from having a rig for tough trails and crawling and into a tool - which is why I joined Overland Bound. But it was bittersweet, because I had done so much to the Gladiator it was almost counterproductive to have so much armor weighing me down. So instead of swapping bumpers etc. back to stock I decided to start fresh altogether. I don't foresee the 2WD becoming an issue as my intent is to use this truck as my "get there" rig and purchase a nice used dual-sport as my adventure toy. But we'll see what actually happens...

I've been making quick work as the season has already started and warm weather is no longer a distant future! In the first few weeks I added a few simple accessories,
- Graphics, sponsored by DO Designs right here in NJ
- Some beautiful floor mats and seat covers, sponsored respectively by TuxMat and Seat Cover Solutions
- Redline Tuning hood struts
- AVS window visors
- Tinted the rear half 20% on top of the factory smoked glass

20240513_081540.jpg
20240503_153953.jpg
20240502_180204.jpg

And OH MY, look at the box the TuxMat comes in - I love companies that go the extra mile in little ways like this:
20240502_172047.jpg
20240502_172334.jpg

On order I have a Victory 4x4 molle panel for the front end of the bed and a set of Falken Rubitrek A/Ts, it was so sad ordering 32"s. :disrelieved: That's it for this post, I'll keep you all updated! I'm excited for a brand new adventure.

Reactions: Isaac_7e7dbf

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Expedition Master III

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
New plates inbound!

Here's a poor quality example I got online:
license_20240515210725_21410.jpg

After a short conversation with my graphics guy, I decided to try my hand at wrapping. And what better way to practice than on a sphere? I always liked the look of true yellow fogs (not amber) so I purchased a cheap 2ft roll of wrap and hopped on Youtube. It actually didn't take too many practice tries and looks pretty dang good.

20240513_173933.jpg
20240513_194025.jpg

Next up, you can actually see it hiding at the bottom of my grille in the photo above, I started the install of my new LED lightbar sponsored by M&R Automotive. This is their single 40" Pro Series bar with white light and amber DRL. I haven't wired it yet, but this thing is nice! I had a small 13" lightbar behind my Jeep grille and it was one of my favorite additions, so when I found out it was available for the Canyon I just had to have one. And whew, how I miss removing just a couple pins to access the grille on the Jeep. :rage:

20240513_163319.jpg
20240513_161954.jpg

I'm still waiting on my tires, but here are my brand new Method Race Wheels "305"!

20240515_150540.jpg

Ethan N

Expedition Master III

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
My tires have arrived! So today we did a little test fitting and came up with an unexpected fitment. These Method 17x8.5 fit the calipers with only a sliver of room in the front, we couldn't even slip a card between them (but they do spin freely). To be extra safe we are adding a 1/4" spacer all around. I didn't order the beefiest of tires so I'm hoping to still keep it flush with the fenders. We'll find out on Saturday. :sunglasses:

20240516_152341.jpg
20240516_152355.jpg

And of course the shopping spree continues! I installed my Banks PedalMonster, this is my second vehicle with a turbo 4-cyl. so I was well aware of the pedal lag and other minor issues. I was interested to give the PedalMonster a try and I'm glad I did, it gives me just the right amount of oomph without training a heavier foot. Very happy! Lastly for today, I have a BedRug sitting in the garage. I'm waiting for better weather and a car wash before installing the velcro strips. It also has me thinking about general bed and gear protection. I had a Softopper on the JT that I really loved, maybe I'll grab another?

20240516_161121.jpg

Ethan N

Expedition Master III

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Saturday it is. All mounted up, it's amazing what a set of wheels will do to a truck! Practically still flush even with the spacers added.

20240518_131039.jpg
20240518_131051.jpg
20240518_131029.jpg

Reactions: Isaac_7e7dbf