Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

After waiting many months for the Nomad cook system to arrive I am very happy with the quality. It has a 9 inch fry pan and a 2 liter boiling pot. I tested it and it will boil a liter of water in 6 minutes. It uses a reactor plate and each pan has a built in inductive sytem for even heat. You can set it to use between 200 to 1000 watts which makes it very friendly for on board car inverters as well as power banks. Non stick coating on the pans and comes with a single lid and a very robust detachable handle. Only short coming I can see is that it did not come with a pack bag,

Reactions: Blu12T and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
After waiting many months for the Nomad cook system to arrive I am very happy with the quality. It has a 9 inch fry pan and a 2 liter boiling pot. I tested it and it will boil a liter of water in 6 minutes. It uses a reactor plate and each pan has a built in inductive sytem for even heat. You can set it to use between 200 to 1000 watts which makes it very friendly for on board car inverters as well as power banks. Non stick coating on the pans and comes with a single lid and a very robust detachable handle. Only short coming I can see is that it did not come with a pack bag,
Any chance you could post some pictures, I am curious about this.

Reactions: KonzaLander

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Looks like a neat system. I am curious though if you have, say a 400 watt inverter, can you still get the pan hot enough to sear?