Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I'm not sure how many people is really built and travel as overlnd truck as I seen moat of footage it's just pure off road .
So anyone travel like 1 thousand miles with 4 people and dog , well it's pushing the capacity of this truck . But I thought put topper add roof rack on topper put mine ikapmper well it's about 10 inch longer than a bed but 5 inch front ans 5 inch overhang on back . Put put roof rack from my broken Nissan Titan XD. Add decked system inside, my water tank and my TK kitchen box.
Me and my wife and kids 16/13 but 16 will last year travel with us and then 13 is not far away from it too.
I thought even buy a new one as it's about same price as older .

Any suggestions.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I have the extended cab, 74" bed ZR2, I start with about 300lbs less weight. Add winch, skidz, decked drawers, gear, softopper and a swing out, that's a good 800lbs. Add another 200 load when on the trail, water, food, camp gear. I'm close to the GVW of 6001lbs. I have upgraded fr and rr springs, truck seems to handle all the weight just fine. I also added a cross member just aft of the rear diff to stiffen the frame. This is the area the off road bump stops hit the frame pad.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
ZR2 probably has pretty similar factory payload rating as my Canyon Denali (1,219LB). Check the tire placard on the driver's B-pillar to compare. That means my curb weight without driver is 4,981 pounds.

With my wife, 16-year-old daughter, myself, plus...
  • ARE Z-series shell (180LB or so)
  • OVS Nomadic 4 RTT (185LB or so)
  • Decked storage (230LB)
  • Skid plates (30LB?)
  • Deaver Expedition springs (80LB or so more than the OEM springs)
  • Gear:
    • 60L dual-zone fridge on a tilt slide
    • Gazelle G6 gazebo
    • Joolca hot water heater
    • Food
    • Clothing
    • 12 gallons of water
    • 5LB propane bottle
    • Decked drawers filled with kitchen gear, tools, lights, dishes, chairs, etc
    • Sleeping bags and self-inflating mattresses
    • Jackery 1000
    • Folding table
    • Camping toilet
Any guesses on what the total weight was on the scales? Anyone? I will say that with the suspension upgrade in the rear (springs + shocks) the truck rides and handles beautifully when loaded like this. But just take a guess as to what the total scale weight was...