Southwest Missouri
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Conn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0YIN
New to overlanding after being in the off-road scene for quite a while with various jeeps, 4runners, full size rigs etc. Sold my Jeep earlier this year after I got tired of visiting all of these awesome places, but never having enough room to pack enough stuff to be able to enjoy an extended stay in some of the awesome places that I traveled.

Was drifting a bit looking for a new hobby so got into sports cars and got a convertible Corvette which I enjoyed for a bit, but it didn't have the same soul that all of my old 4x4s had. So got rid of that and came across an FJ Cruiser that spoke to me. Not really knowing anything about overlanding but happened upon a local overlanding shop putting on a Rigs and Coffee event in my AO so decided to attend. I was blown away with the combination of off-roading and camping and getting away from it all. It was exactly the hobby that I was looking for.

The folks and guests at Artemis Overlanding in Springfield, MO were awesome and helped me get a good start. Never pushy but always there with any answers to my questions.

So here I am about 2 months in, having dipped my toe into the waters, but haven't been out yet on my first multi-day trip, but my wife and I are looking forward to it. With a daughter in soccer and a son in band, weekends are tough to find empty this time of year, but one of these days soon, things will open up and we plan to head down for at least a few days to the Ozark Overland Adventure Trail just across the border in Arkansas.

Will be lurking here and reading all that I can to absorb and then give back when I can.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to overlanding after being in the off-road scene for quite a while with various jeeps, 4runners, full size rigs etc. Sold my Jeep earlier this year after I got tired of visiting all of these awesome places, but never having enough room to pack enough stuff to be able to enjoy an extended stay in some of the awesome places that I traveled.

Was drifting a bit looking for a new hobby so got into sports cars and got a convertible Corvette which I enjoyed for a bit, but it didn't have the same soul that all of my old 4x4s had. So got rid of that and came across an FJ Cruiser that spoke to me. Not really knowing anything about overlanding but happened upon a local overlanding shop putting on a Rigs and Coffee event in my AO so decided to attend. I was blown away with the combination of off-roading and camping and getting away from it all. It was exactly the hobby that I was looking for.

The folks and guests at Artemis Overlanding in Springfield, MO were awesome and helped me get a good start. Never pushy but always there with any answers to my questions.

So here I am about 2 months in, having dipped my toe into the waters, but haven't been out yet on my first multi-day trip, but my wife and I are looking forward to it. With a daughter in soccer and a son in band, weekends are tough to find empty this time of year, but one of these days soon, things will open up and we plan to head down for at least a few days to the Ozark Overland Adventure Trail just across the border in Arkansas.

Will be lurking here and reading all that I can to absorb and then give back when I can.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 and in Arkansas you can contact @BlueLineOverland, he can help you out with the Ozark's. Great place to overland!
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: HYRYSC

KF0APA

Rank VI

Trail Mechanic I

Lebanon, MO, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Bryson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0APA
Welcome to Overland Bound!!! I'm in the Lebanon Mo area. A lot of trips happen in The Mark Twain and the Ozark National forest. In fact, this weekend is Rendezvous In The Ozarks at Byrd's Off Road Park in Ozark Arkansas. I can PM you details of other happenings as well.

HYRYSC

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Southwest Missouri
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Conn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0YIN
Welcome to Overland Bound!!! I'm in the Lebanon Mo area. A lot of trips happen in The Mark Twain and the Ozark National forest. In fact, this weekend is Rendezvous In The Ozarks at Byrd's Off Road Park in Ozark Arkansas. I can PM you details of other happenings as well.
Would be super awesome, would love for you to do that.

I was certainly planning on attending this weekend but my son's band will be heading up to Branson this weekend for a band competition and of course I can't miss that. But one of these days...

Reactions: Paris0514

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.