Enthusiast III

Wyoming
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Veltkamp
Member #

Hello all,

My search skills seems to be failing me...or I'm using the wrong search words....but I can't seem to find much about roll-up kitchen utensil storage in the forums. There are a bazillion and one options out there so was hoping for some recommendations.

I'd rather just hear what you like and I'll look into it, but this is what I've thought are my criteria, so far:

I enjoy high quality utensils at home, but can cook with whatever (except knives, I'll likely toss any that come in a package.) (I spent $45 on a friggin' wooden spoon...who does that? But it's an awesome spoon.)
I'm leaning towards an empty bag and fill it myself, but a good complete kit recommendation would be welcome.
The utensils need to be relatively separated. i.e. - none of those "tool bags" with 3-4 pockets that everything hangs out in.
It would be awesome if it already had hooks to hang it from a door or something.
I don't want it to be a complete kitchen with dinnerware and all that, just basic utensils and knives.
Should be washable, I suppose.

Actually...now that I pared the Amazon search down to include "hanging," I'm finding some more feasible options there... but even some of those don't have built in hooks.

Thanks!!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I have a 4 pocket that i've used for years. 1 pocket gets utensils, second pocket gets knife spoon fork and steak knives, third pocket holds 4 cooking knives with their blade covers and a ti hone ,last pocket hold exrea ziplock bags, lighter, pad and pen, (kinda a junk pocket.) I prefer coil zippers and canvas. It works great , it fits in my cook box much better than the 2 tupperwear things I had before. I carry enough to feed 6 easly. I hang it off my ladder step right by my cooking table.

Reactions: DangitDad

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
I use one of these. Very well made and great organization and not too expensive.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Look at tool roll ups, they have more individual pockets and more options. I mean like wrench tools. Sturdier too.
I second this. Look for canvas tool rolls. You can get them with slots or individual zipper pockets. Plus you don't pay the overland tax. Big bucket has some untreated canvas.

Reactions: KonzaLander

pcstockton

Rank III

Advocate I

Portland, OR
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
S
These seem nice. I would get one if I didn't already have something.

DangitDad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Wyoming
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Veltkamp
Member #

That roll-up pouch is interesting. Just the right length too. And it's waxed canvas. Nice. Thanks @Cypress!

socal geek guy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #