Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Eureka!

Third time’s the charm for ditch light brackets for thethirdtwin. Third vendor’s product actually is correct for this rig. A little bit of travel rash, but THEY FIT.

12FC1259-2512-4445-803F-3D8302020DB7.jpeg

U

UgotWheelz

I’m not sure what that last picture is looks like some kind of radio equipment and some long poles but it definitely looks like a project. I look forward to seeing it in person I’ll be out on the trail starting Friday if all timing goes correctly getting the new off-road trailer either heading to Overland Expo west or the high desert get together with @coyoteWorks and @adventureswithRoscoe. Then I’m heading south along the Heading to Northern California area.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I’m not sure what that last picture is looks like some kind of radio equipment and some long poles but it definitely looks like a project. I look forward to seeing it in person I’ll be out on the trail starting Friday if all timing goes correctly getting the new off-road trailer either heading to Overland Expo west or the high desert get together with @coyoteWorks and @adventureswithRoscoe. Then I’m heading south along the Heading to Northern California area.
Lol. There’s at least 3 projects in the photo. Main item is the unassembled roof rack.

U

UgotWheelz

Oh OK I can see that now yeah I finally got my roof rack installed on my jeep only to find out that no commercially available hardware fits it which means I can’t mount anything on it I also went to every single over landing shop in Oregon and none of them wanted to help me because I don’t drive a jeep wrangler Subaru cross track Toyota Tacoma or jeep gladiator. Hopefully your rack project is more fruitful then my disaster.

Call_me_Tom

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Joaquin County, California, United States
First Name
Tom
Last Name
K9er
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Ret
Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I’m really interested in this roof rack but not interested in removing the headliner and drilling holes.
Depends on your vehicle about the headliner. Thecopcar is all from above using nutserts. GM changed the mounting to nuts from below for the K2 generation. Grrr.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Drove some yesterday, the wind noise at 60 was really noticeable. I slid the deflector closer to the roof, plus added the trim piece.

View attachment 257252
Got out in it today. That slight position change also made a positive difference in XM radio reception. Plus much less wind noise.

Reactions: loper

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Wired up the rear lights today. Hopefully I’m done removing interior pieces for a while.