Rank I

Contributor III

Dresden, Deutschland
First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Schoenjahn
Hello Folks,

I recently found a Maggiolina Brevetto Internazionale and I am right now in the process of fixing it.

One issue this tent has is that all four corkscrew nuts are broken. I ordered new corkscrew nuts from Autohome and they fit - in theory.

The issue I have is that I don't know how to remove the gear from the one end so that I would be able to screw on the second corkscrew nut.

Maybe someone has experience with this and can give an enlightening thought

IMG_2164.jpeg

Attachments

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello Folks,

I recently found a Maggiolina Brevetto Internazionale and I am right now in the process of fixing it.

One issue this tent has is that all four corkscrew nuts are broken. I ordered new corkscrew nuts from Autohome and they fit - in theory.

The issue I have is that I don't know how to remove the gear from the one end so that I would be able to screw on the second corkscrew nut.

Maybe someone has experience with this and can give an enlightening thought

View attachment 276198
That’s a lot of moving parts…I had to look up how the thing worked…so do you have any other pics or videos of how the drive mechanism

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Sure. There are different parts that can be replaced. The easiest option is to replace the whole mechanism. If you could send me the parts you ordered and explain again what the issue is I am more than happy to help.

Attachments

Reactions: El-Dracho