Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon, I just wanted to take a moment and say hello to everyone!
Welcome To Overland Bound
@OTH Overland is our Local Expert in the PNW, he is a wealth of information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. NorthWest (AK WA ID OR)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

BigJ_79

Rank II

Contributor III

Lynnwood, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to getting out and seeing the world and hopefully make some new friends along the way.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to getting out and seeing the world and hopefully make some new friends along the way.
Hi Jeremy, welcome to Overland Bound, looks like you are not that far south of us, we are up on Camano Island. Should start seeing some adventures and events being posted in our area on the Rally point page. Snow is really receding quickly now and we are able to get up farther in the hills. We were over in the Winthrop area this weekend and managed to get up over 6,000 feet elevation for the first time since fall. Let us know if you have any questions, and look forward to seeing you at an event or on the trail soon.

BigJ_79

Rank II

Contributor III

Lynnwood, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Hi Jeremy, welcome to Overland Bound, looks like you are not that far south of us, we are up on Camano Island. Should start seeing some adventures and events being posted in our area on the Rally point page. Snow is really receding quickly now and we are able to get up farther in the hills. We were over in the Winthrop area this weekend and managed to get up over 6,000 feet elevation for the first time since fall. Let us know if you have any questions, and look forward to seeing you at an event or on the trail soon.
That sounds like a blast. We want to go up Harts pass this year have you been up there? We went out to Lost Lake last weekend and got turned around due to my 4WD not engaging. There was still some snow up there and I was unaware of the 4wd issue until We got out there.

Attachments

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Jeremy, nice looking rig! are you referring to Harts pass / slate peak over by Mazzama? if so yes we have been up there a few times. the road has had some issues in the past couple of years, but its a easy drive to the top of Slate peak. Not something I would make a destination drive, but worth going up there if you are in the area. We do a ton in the Winthrop - Loup Loup area. loads of FS roads that connect all over the place and some good camping. Quite a few fire lookouts that are always fun to go visit. The west side of the mountains have really lost a lot of places you can access over the past few years. We have spent a lot of time on the mountain loop and around Darrington, but the population in those areas has changed and as a result lots of gates are closed and hard to find roads that go through or at least a decent distance in any more. its usually up and over hwy 20 or 2 even for day trips these days for us.

Reactions: BigJ_79