Featured vs Plan Tab? OB1(Exp Tier) and Resource Map (overland bound.com Map)

• HTML tutorial

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

In the OB1 app (ipad 11.11.2.1000), Adventure Mode, Featured tab, (filter for GPX up to 5moderate, off-road trail, off road trail with GPX) I can see the routes but not the information green jeep icon that is shown on the Plan tab - is this expected or do I have some settings/filters whacked?

Also, the online map only shows the green jeep icon, not the route which it is describing - is that intended functionality? I do see a feature request on the prodcamp site named Desktop Route Planning - labeled as future. Does that answer this question?

Thanks

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
In the OB1 app (ipad 11.11.2.1000), Adventure Mode, Featured tab, (filter for GPX up to 5moderate, off-road trail, off road trail with GPX) I can see the routes but not the information green jeep icon that is shown on the Plan tab - is this expected or do I have some settings/filters whacked?

Also, the online map only shows the green jeep icon, not the route which it is describing - is that intended functionality? I do see a feature request on the prodcamp site named Desktop Route Planning - labeled as future. Does that answer this question?

Thanks
You have your settings correct. In “Featured” tab, you should see the trails and not the trail head (Jeep Icon). The Trail Head Icon shows up in planning mode and selecting the trail head brings up the information card where the track can then be seen.

Using the “online map” I am assuming you mean the web based map. The map only shows POIs at the moment. “Desktop Route Planning” will bring over most of the OB1 app map functionality to the web browser.

Reactions: cookiedough

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Yes, online map is web-map thanks.

What is the intent of the Featured tab - eventually highly rated tracks? I use Hiking Project quite a bit, so that was my expectation, but didn't really see an explanation in the tutorial videos or tutorial site.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Yes, online map is web-map thanks.

What is the intent of the Featured tab - eventually highly rated tracks? I use Hiking Project quite a bit, so that was my expectation, but didn't really see an explanation in the tutorial videos or tutorial site.
I’ll let @Michael answer that one.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
It was mentioned briefly in the Sep 8 Map Overview video - just found the new OB1 YT channel!
Ha! Glad you found the channel! Not much there yet but we’ll keep putting videos up. Just started that the other day.

The featured tab is intended to have top rated, and trips and locations we curate. I think I may hide that in an upcoming release until it is fully implemented. Glad to get your feedback!

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Thanks for letting us all in on the sprint board - it is very cool to see the features upcoming and be able to add comments and upvotes - thanks!

Reactions: Michael

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

It was a kinda funny story, searching through the tutorials pages, stumbling across the link to the board, looking at it, my wife looks over my should and says "that looks like a sprint board" I excited said "It is!, it's for the OB1 app I've been telling you about" She's a database programmer, so can appreciate a well run process. Thanks again.

Reactions: Michael