Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Rylan
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6TRD
Wow those are three gigantic pictures. It feels good to have HAM capability again in the rig. Going out for some exploring near Idyllwild soon and I always like to have a way to communicate long range.
Setting this up in the Sequoia took about two hours. After doing it a few times it was rather easy. I sent out N6TRD over the airwaves and sure enough my buddies from the PAPA system answered.
Firewall breach was easy, secured extra cable, mounted the mic cradle. The only thing left is to velcro a few things down and I will be set as far as electronics are concerned. If you have questions please feel free to hit me. I would be more then happy to assist you.
View attachment 259762View attachment 259763View attachment 259764

Attachments

Last edited:

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Question, why did you pick that spot to mount the base unit, wouldn’t it be better under the seat? Doesnt your leg rub up against?

Reactions: tacocart99

tacocart99

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Rylan
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6TRD
Question, why did you pick that spot to mount the base unit, wouldn’t it be better under the seat? Doesnt your leg rub up against?
My leg rests against it. I had the same setup in my Tacoma. The only reason I do not want it under the seat is because I wanted easy access if needed. No other reasons but that. It works for me.