mrpeterclark

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Clark
Thought I'd share my current build of my 2007 Yukon XL.
Not the easiest of vehicles to outfit. Happy to share what little I've learned in my long journey to make our family hauler a more capable camping truck.
We're a family of 6, and we always seem to have WAY too much stuff. So we name it "Mucho". It's a lot. We sometimes tow a Tuff Stuff Base Camp trailer dubbed "Mas"
Baseline_Overland_Yukon_XL_Suburban_07_14_Roof_Rack.JPG2007 - 20014 Suburban Roof Rack Baseline Overland Velocirax Chassis Unlimited Bumper.JPG
2007 - 20014 Suburban Roof Rack  Baseline Overland.JPG

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Roof Rack - baselineoverland.com - I made my own after not being able to find anything. Now we manufacture them.
Front Bumper - Chassis Unlimited baselineoverland.com Once again could not find anything, but was able to modify a Sierra bumper to work. Now we are dealer for these.
Warn EVO 12S w/ Factor 55 flat link
Icon 2.5 Coilovers at 2.5" lift front (71505)
Icon 2.0 rear shocks (76526)
Cognito Upper Control Arms
Dobinson 2" lift rear springs (C09-045)
Air Lift helper bags (you need 60912 or 60913 for Dobinson springs)
SDE magneride and autoride delete shockdeletes.com
Redarc Tow Pro Elite trailer brake controller
OptimataYellow Top Battery
K&N cold air intake
JET Performance Throttle Body
33" Goodyear Ultraterrain tires on Vision Turbine wheels (20"). (for sale in the Boulder, CO area)

Future plans include:
2 speed 4wd transfer case swap (hit me up if you know anything about doing this to an AWD!)
17" wheels and 35s.

4:10 gears (probably) Open to feedback on changing from the stock G80 to a Detroit Truetrac or other locker
maybe rock sliders
planning to fab some skid plates and maybe some rear molle panels and a rear drawer system.

Attachments

K-G

Rank V

Enthusiast III

New Hope, Alabama, United States
First Name
Kajetan
Last Name
Groicher
Member #

Thought I'd share my current build of my 2007 Yukon XL.
Not the easiest of vehicles to outfit. Happy to share what little I've learned in my long journey to make our family hauler a more capable camping truck.
We're a family of 6, and we always seem to have WAY too much stuff. So we name it "Mucho". It's a lot. We sometimes tow a Tuff Stuff Base Camp trailer dubbed "Mas"
View attachment 228512View attachment 228515
View attachment 228516

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Roof Rack - baselineoverland.com - I made my own after not being able to find anything. Now we manufacture them.
Front Bumper - Chassis Unlimited baselineoverland.com Once again could not find anything, but was able to modify a Sierra bumper to work. Now we are dealer for these.
Warn EVO 12S w/ Factor 55 flat link
Icon 2.5 Coilovers at 2.5" lift front (71505)
Icon 2.0 rear shocks (76526)
Cognito Upper Control Arms
Dobinson 2" lift rear springs (C09-045)
Air Lift helper bags (you need 60912 or 60913 for Dobinson springs)
SDE magneride and autoride delete shockdeletes.com
Redarc Tow Pro Elite trailer brake controller
OptimataYellow Top Battery
K&N cold air intake
JET Performance Throttle Body
33" Goodyear Ultraterrain tires on Vision Turbine wheels (20"). (for sale in the Boulder, CO area)

Future plans include:
2 speed 4wd transfer case swap (hit me up if you know anything about doing this to an AWD!)
17" wheels and 35s.

4:10 gears (probably) Open to feedback on changing from the stock G80 to a Detroit Truetrac or other locker
maybe rock sliders
planning to fab some skid plates and maybe some rear molle panels and a rear drawer system.
Good lookin’ and functional rig. At times I wish I had the full size suv vs the truck I have. Then again, the truck as come in handy.

Love that roof rack. I’m looking to do something similar, but will probably opt for the contractor rack since I have a truck.

mrpeterclark

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Clark
Good lookin’ and functional rig. At times I wish I had the full size suv vs the truck I have. Then again, the truck as come in handy.

Love that roof rack. I’m looking to do something similar, but will probably opt for the contractor rack since I have a truck.
I like the functionality of a truck a lot. We have six people though and we just don't fit in a truck with bench seats any more. That's one place where the Suburban is a great fit.