Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Hitting Yosemite in the winter is amazing, there are far less people and yes it’s cold but it brings a different beauty to the park.. anybody else love winter travel?

Attachments

Vincent Keith

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kg7cli
Bridalveil, Sequoia near North Gate, Wawona, Fish Camp, somewhere near Village.

Good Times!

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Wow, Awesome winter pics! Thanks for sharing. I am a big fan of winter overlanding anyway. The landscape is totally different in comparison to summer, the noises are different, often it is very quite then out there and you can hear the snow falling or water running under the ice. Absolutely amazing.

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Wow, Awesome winter pics! Thanks for sharing. I am a big fan of winter overlanding anyway. The landscape is totally different in comparison to summer, the noises are different, often it is very quite then out there and you can hear the snow falling or water running under the ice. Absolutely amazing.
Yeah, the sound of the ice cracking and falling off the mountain was Amazing.!!!

Reactions: El-Dracho

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Bridalveil, Sequoia near North Gate, Wawona, Fish Camp, somewhere near Village.

Good Times!
These are great photos!! Thanks for sharing. Yosemite has been on my bucket list for years. Now you have me wondering if winter would be a good time to go.
Winter is definitely the time to go, we sat, and looked at the falls for an hour before the first car pulled up next to us. There was nobody there. It was like we were there by ourselves….

Vincent Keith

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kg7cli
These are great photos!! Thanks for sharing. Yosemite has been on my bucket list for years. Now you have me wondering if winter would be a good time to go.
I lived in Oakhurst for about 5 years. Only 17 miles from the North Gate. Winter is the BEST time. Go prepared, it can get chilly, and a storm can dump a serious pile of snow. But what you get are those days when it's so clear and quiet that it's surreal. You get much less traffic and fewer people. You do lose out on Glacier Pt road - (the easy side view of Halfdome), and you lose access to most of Hwy 120, which goes past Tenaya Lake, Tuolumne Medows, and down to Lee Vining, Mono Lake, Bodie, & Mammoth - and it's a long trip around.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Gorgeous pictures! How were the hikes? Last time we did snow hikes, we trekked through 18" of fresh snow in Canyonlands, which was tough, but worth it!

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Well, It wont be winter, but I will be going for the first time this September. Looking forward to it!

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Have only been there once in the middle of summer, beautiful place, way to many people. Have had it on the list for a winter visit for a while, the pics posted above are reminding me to move it up the list. Thank you. We have been going to Yellowstone in the winter for years and it is our favorite season. The coldest years have provided the best vistas and wildlife viewing opportunities, and most people seem to forget about the parks after the 'season' so you often get to enjoy the view in peace.

MattLodi

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Reggio Emilia, RE, Italia
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lodi
Stunning images! Yosemite is one of my favourite part of the world, I consider myself lucky to have seen it two times (even if I live 9500kms from it) but neither of those was in the winter...I have to fix this thing.

FishFam_logs

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Fisher
Yosemite in winter is the only time to go! Last time we caught firefall and that was a bit busy, still better than spring/summer.

Planning that direction in a few weeks.

Scott