Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Newton
Member #

Hey all...I'll be headed to Yellowstone National Park for the 2024 season, which runs early May to end of October. A great opportunity to work in the park, earn a wage, gain local housing and enjoy days off in the area on adventures. Looking to explore the YNP, Grand Tetons and surrounding public lands. Super grateful to have this opportunity and surely want to maximize the time in place.

Just a few questions for the wisdom of the forum...
Who's in the area?
What's not to be missed?
Any local groups to connect?
Who's passing through to share a story, a trail or a beer this year?

Appreciate your thoughts and comments. Happy 2024 and enjoy the journeys ahead! -NØMAD

Attachments

NØMAD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Newton
Member #

You'll love it. I"ve worked for the USFS last year and enjoyed the adventure. You have to love people if your attending to them and sometimes they can be a handful.
Good luck and keep us informed.
Xim
I've been working in emergency medicine 30+ years...got the "people part" down.

What area did you work in? Any lessons learned to pass along?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am sure @Overland Expedition can you help with this question, he worked there as a Law Enforcement Officer for a season.

I also messaged him on IG with this link.

Reactions: NØMAD

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I've been working in emergency medicine 30+ years...got the "people part" down.

What area did you work in? Any lessons learned to pass along?
Congrats to you and thank you for what you do. I was a campground host at a primitive park and also did trail maintenance, cleaning and grass cutting. Just helping folks get launched into the river and made sure they had maps and information to get down to the camps. Sort of a "jack of all trades, master of none. Love these parks and forest and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Zim

Overland Expedition

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Ely, NV, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

Service Branch
Law Enforcement/EMT
I worked there in 2017 based out of Grant Village doing LE & EMS. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had working. There is a ton to explore and do all around there. Just plan on working around the crowds/traffic during the peak months.

My favorite area to explore was the southern area between Yellowstone and Grand Teton along Grassy Lake Rd.
One of my top 10 best camp spots can be found with a little bit of exploring in that area. Ill give a picture as a hint, but not exact coordinates (where is the fun in that?)

Best of luck there and have fun!

Attachments

LoneStar

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Marshall, TX, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

Hey all...I'll be headed to Yellowstone National Park for the 2024 season, which runs early May to end of October. A great opportunity to work in the park, earn a wage, gain local housing and enjoy days off in the area on adventures. Looking to explore the YNP, Grand Tetons and surrounding public lands. Super grateful to have this opportunity and surely want to maximize the time in place.

Just a few questions for the wisdom of the forum...
Who's in the area?
What's not to be missed?
Any local groups to connect?
Who's passing through to share a story, a trail or a beer this year?

Appreciate your thoughts and comments. Happy 2024 and enjoy the journeys ahead! -NØMAD
Good for you, that sounds like a great opportunity! What type of work will you be doing and is it full-time or part-time? 

NØMAD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Newton
Member #

Will be working in the health clinics in the park. Providing primary, urgent and emergency care to the visitors and staff. Great way to share talents and enjoy all the region has to offer, while meeting people from across the globe. Stop by and say hello.

Reactions: NMNomad