2 Burner Propane Stove
Fire Side Outdoor Fire Pit and Grill
Cabelas Outfitter SB
Cabelas XL COT
Coleman Lassen SB

Water Storage - 20 gallons
Mr. Heater Basecamp water heater
Power - Jackery 1000 and Yamaha SC2300i

Base Layers, Snow Gear, Snow Shoes, Dog Boots, Dog Vests, GPS Collars, Dog Cots, Heated Blanket....

Just starting to Pack the gear. PXL_20201204_011612519.jpgPXL_20201204_011302085.jpgPXL_20201118_200442084.jpgPXL_20201118_200441165.jpg

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

With the COVID Lockdowns I’ll stick to Upstate NY by the Salmon River to Lake Champlain.
When things settle down I’ll venture off to VT, NH, and ME

Peypey96

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Victoria
First Name
Peyton
Last Name
Goebel
Member #

If it’s possible I’d run a water warmer off your power supply and a heated blanket under your covers to help regulate it

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Take a nalgie or other very sealable bottle and fill it 3/4 the way with boiling hot water make sure it’s sealed tight and toss it in the foot of your sleeping bag , helps to get the bag warmed up and stays hot for hours . Also put tomorrow’s clothes in your bag so they are nice and warm when you get up in the morning .

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

If it’s possible I’d run a water warmer off your power supply and a heated blanket under your covers to help regulate it
Thanks, I picked up the Hot Water Tank for the Kni Co Packer Stove, and two Heated Blankets.

Reactions: Peypey96

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Take a nalgie or other very sealable bottle and fill it 3/4 the way with boiling hot water make sure it’s sealed tight and toss it in the foot of your sleeping bag , helps to get the bag warmed up and stays hot for hours . Also put tomorrow’s clothes in your bag so they are nice and warm when you get up in the morning .
Thanks for the tips, have a great weekend.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Base layers and socks are at my most important list. I love icebreaker wool products. An electric chainsaw is always with me as well for wood and downed trees. Winter camping is the best.
Right on; I'm going with Smart Wool Socks by Vans, and I was going to pick up a 18in Craftsman Chain Saw this weekend from Lowes.

Attachments

Reactions: Alertchief

Peypey96

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Victoria
First Name
Peyton
Last Name
Goebel
Member #

If the cable leads are long enough and you want too i always start my Jeep 15-20 minutes before bed and plug the leads inside and let the starter battery warm the blankets is you have a 12 volt blanket or a inverter

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I’m going to try that, for my CJ5 I have a dual battery setup with a Bestek 400w power inverter tucked away in the center counsel.
Since I didn’t get the chance to rust proof her this past summer (AZ Jeep) my primary rig will be my Ram.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Oh and the fact that I started to break her down again for new mods, she’s grounded.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Winter Camping Prep

Gear:
White Duck Regatta 10' Bell Tent
White Duck Regatta Awning
White Duck Windbreaker
Kni-co Packer Tent Stove
White Duck Regatta 8' Bell Tent - for the Pups
Mr. Heater Buddy
WD's Canvas Tarps

2 Burner Propane Stove
Fire Side Outdoor Fire Pit and Grill
Cabelas Outfitter SB
Cabelas XL COT
Coleman Lassen SB

Water Storage - 20 gallons
Mr. Heater Basecamp water heater
Power - Jackery 1000 and Yamaha SC2300i

Base Layers, Snow Gear, Snow Shoes, Dog Boots, Dog Vests, GPS Collars, Dog Cots, Heated Blanket....

Just starting to Pack the gear. View attachment 179097View attachment 179098View attachment 179099View attachment 179100
I just finished reading the POST - Overland Check List.
3 cases:
Dry Goods
Hardware
Gear / Chairs / Sleeping Pads....

Boy when I look back at my preparation here, I now see that I did things a little backwards

Case - 1 Dry Goods; after two months of planning, and buying the mods and gear I just ordered a 3 day ER supply of Mountain House from Cabellas. I still need to add the canned goods, coffee, and Olive Oil.
Case - 2 Hardware - Check
Case - 3 Gear / Chairs, Sleeping Pads.... Check

I need to add 1 more Case:
Puppy Supplies, Food, and Puppy First Aid Kit.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I just finished reading the POST - Overland Check List.
3 cases:
Dry Goods
Hardware
Gear / Chairs / Sleeping Pads....

Boy when I look back at my preparation here, I now see that I did things a little backwards

Case - 1 Dry Goods; after two months of planning, and buying the mods and gear I just ordered a 3 day ER supply of Mountain House from Cabellas. I still need to add the canned goods, coffee, and Olive Oil.
Case - 2 Hardware - Check
Case - 3 Gear / Chairs, Sleeping Pads.... Check

I need to add 1 more Case:
Puppy Supplies, Food, and Puppy First Aid Kit.
With the recommended 2 gallons of water per person per day, I'm going to up my water storage from 21 gallons to 28 (Per Person / Per Pup / Per day)
Fuel - 20 gallons for this year

scgbiker

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Elko, NV, USA
First Name
Stefan
Last Name
Goehring
Member #

First time responding in the app, forgive the formatting. What are you using for a heated blanket and how much demand is it putting on your jackery system? Can you run for 8hrs? I’m currently looking at a 500 size. Thanks

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

First time responding in the app, forgive the formatting. What are you using for a heated blanket and how much demand is it putting on your jackery system? Can you run for 8hrs? I’m currently looking at a 500 size. Thanks
Sorry I missed this, I picked up two very inexpensive heating blankets on Amazon Amazon.com: Stalwart - Electric Car Blanket- Heated 12 Volt Fleece Travel Throw for Car and RV-Great for Cold Weather, Tailgating, and Emergency Kits by Stalwart-BLACK/WHITE: Automotive
Now the reason why is more for an Emergency Breakdown, if I'm out in the middle of a snow storm with the pups. The pups will have one and there's one for me. I haven't had the chance to test it out on my Jackery, but keep this in mind - the Jackery has an operating temp - (Directly from Jackery CS) - Only charge, use and store the E1000 within an ambient temperature 0-40℃ (32-104°F), The Operating Usage Temperature of the Saga 100W is 14-149F (-10-65℃).
With this in mind I picked up Yamaha Inverter Generator from Costco as my back up -
If the temps fall to single digits I might leave the Jackery behind, I'm really not sure. I would think that the temps in the Hot Tent should be fine, but I need to test it out.

Back to the heating blanket - I did try it out in the truck and it worked great.

Happy New Year.

Reactions: scgbiker