Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

So it’s tire time. Going to be mild and get 33s. I love my factory GM HD wheels. Super lite, reliable and available on Craigslist if I need more. I keep reading that anything under 7” wide is asking for trouble. These particular wheel set is 16x6.5”. I hate cutting corners and spending money more than once, if it can be avoided. Most folks say let it ride and go for it. But I try to plan things out. If I need to pick up a 17x7 or whatever I’d rather do it now. Give me some honest feedback. I’m open to opinions and thoughts. As always...... Thanks OB

Attachments

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

If it is in you budget I run the stock wheels and tires for daily driving and mt tires on the trail. If your not trying to drive over downed trees and really deep ruts. I think you will be fine with the stock wheels and if you can get more on the cheap, the better. Look at 4xoverland on YouTube with the debate over skinny tire vs wide tires. Personally I think you will be ok with the wheels you have.

Reactions: Bradb55

MT_Yota

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Helena, MT
Member #

Depends on what tire size you’re going with. You can go to a 33” diameter and not go so wide that you are going to be sacrificing sidewall stability and load carrying capabilities.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
The only advise I can give is check the tire manufactures specs on the size you want they will tell you what the minimum rim size is. BFG, Toyo, Cooper and so on have great web sites with all the specs.

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Yeah sorry.......main detail. Planning on 285/75/16.

Kent I will look into that

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk