who is doing stuff with 3D and CNC as a hobby?

• HTML tutorial

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Soon, very soon I will start doing a little bit of 3d printing and working with a little cnc as well.
Together with all other tools I will try to build nicer and better equipment for my Rig and Trailer.

So, who is out there in Europe doing the same thing and who is willing to talk and share stuff so we all can get better stuff for going Overland?

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Never as a hobby but I ran a cnc in high-school I also ran a edm, waterjet and laser cutter.
If you can draw up cad files you should be golden. A cnc is a lot of money and tooling though just to make custom parts for your rig as a hobby.
there are Lots of 3d printer files already out there ready to print search around and you may be able to save yourself some time and find a file you can modify slightly.

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
Not in europe, but I teach CNC. I have built a CNC running on Arduino/Grbl and Nema23 motors. It will cut anything. Its not the fastest, but its capable.
I have students running Inventor/CAM and Fusion360 and cutting on a converted bridgeport. I do a fair amount of hobby 3d printing, too.

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48