• HTML tutorial

BenditoMonte

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nogales, Sonora
Member #

Hi Everybody, greeting from Mexico

we are planning to do this trip by September October 2019, any of you have a map for the surrounding area of Whistler, where we can see roads and places that would be legal to remote camp? dispersed camping, backcountry camping etc.

Thanks

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Generally speaking, camping is permitted anywhere on crown land unless specifically disallowed. Crown land is anything not owned by anyone else (ie. not a provincial or national park).

There is a cracker of a free camp site I know of at Cheakamus lake that involves a bit of dirt road driving followed by about 9kms of hiking if you like that sort of thing.

You may also find this useful: https://www.alltrails.com/explore/canada/british-columbia/thompson-nicola-i?a[]=off-road-driving.

If you wanted to make your trip really interesting, there's a forestry road that goes through the back country via West Harrison. It's washed out at 55kms, however there are a couple of water crossings that can be used to bypass it depending on the water level in the lake and the river.

Whistler and the surrounding areas are some of the most beautiful you'll see anywhere in the world. Many parts of BC are. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: JimInBC

BenditoMonte

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nogales, Sonora
Member #

thank you both for this valuable info.
we did this trip 2 years ago but using highways and in our small car, we didn't camp any night in BC, but this time we are taking our 4x4 and we do not want to spend a single night at a hostel, ok maybe the last night to take a shower. thank you very much guys, I am sure whistler is as beautiful as it was 2 years ago, it is my favorite place on earth