Contributor III

hailey
First Name
Keff
Last Name
Walsh
Ham/GMRS Callsign
kg7uuk
I’m looking to get a deflator but I can’t decide. I’ve decided on a set of automatic deflators compared to a rapid deflator so as not to deal with the valves.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Today seems to be the day to discuss deflators on the adventure forums.

My choice is D - none of the above.

I have both the ARB and Boulder Tools deflators that can be preset to desired low pressure. What I reach for most when airing down, though, is the inexpensive, simple, TeraFlex deflators. It's always close at hand and easy to grab from my key-ring or console.

Start at one tire, screw one on, go to the next, all the way around. By the time I get back to the first one, it's about where I want it to be air pressure-wise, then to the next, and so on, with a quick gauge check at each.

Simple quick, easy, and efficient. No going around back to open another door, or case, or dig through anything to find it. Even today, after a year of not going anywhere, I knew exactly where it was to make these images. I have no idea without looking for a while were the others are.

terraflex_5933-700.jpegterraflex_5934-700.jpg

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I have coyote and it works great, they take a little longer than putting them on.

SOLVEFUNCTION

Rank V

Steward II

San Mateo, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Lim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6ETO
Morrflate, I use it for inflating and deflation.

I can make a quick sandwich when inflating.

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Today seems to be the day to discuss deflators on the adventure forums.

My choice is D - none of the above.

I have both the ARB and Boulder Tools deflators that can be preset to desired low pressure. What I reach for most when airing down, though, is the inexpensive, simple, TeraFlex deflators. It's always close at hand and easy to grab from my key-ring or console.

Start at one tire, screw one on, go to the next, all the way around. By the time I get back to the first one, it's about where I want it to be air pressure-wise, then to the next, and so on, with a quick gauge check at each.

Simple quick, easy, and efficient. No going around back to open another door, or case, or dig through anything to find it. Even today, after a year of not going anywhere, I knew exactly where it was to make these images. I have no idea without looking for a while were the others are.

View attachment 194408View attachment 194409
Great idea! Depending on trail conditions and starting temp the preset pressures of the Stauns (and Knockoffs) is rarely right anyway. Just ordered some Godesons, brass equivalent of the Teraflex. Thanks for the tip :-)

Reactions: Road

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

So last month, I met a guy, he had used deflaters on a logging road,,,,,,, cuz thevforum said he should use these deflators..... now at 10psi he was trying to figure out how to reset them to 30psi.......

I had no air compressor, neither did he lol....

I asked if he aired down his spare, he said no, so I said there ya go.......