Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Kirkland, WA, USA
First Name
Haris
Last Name
Husain
Member #

Hi folks, would anyone have an idea of where one can rent a rooftop tent in the Seattle area? I’m new to it, and don’t want to commit to buy without trying it out first.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Shop used, I don't think anyone rents tents.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I don't hear much about places that rent rooftop tents. There may be a vendor or two that rents them to help encourage their own sales, though I have never heard of one that does.

Best bet might be to put the word out to friends and fellow adventurers, even on forums like this one, that you'd like to rent their tent for three nights.

One night in a rooftop tent will not, in my experience, give you a true sense of what it's like. I just about hated my first night in a rooftop tent. Now it is by far my favorite place to sleep and nap.

I let people climb up into my hardshell RTT and stretch out all the time to see what it's like, though I'm not too keen on removing it to let someone test it out for a few nights. Someone might, though, especially if they have theirs on a hoist and not already mounted to a roof.

I'd encourage you to explore the differences between hard shell and soft-sided fold out tents. After my own research and exploring different types, I determined the far quicker pop-up and packing back up of the hard shell tents was much more preferable than the soft-sided fold out tents. The appeal for you could be completely different.

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Tboutdoor
Last Name
rentals
Visit These 5 Unbelievable Geological Landmarks In California!

If you're looking for some amazing geological attractions in California, you're in luck! There are many beautiful & awe-inspiring landmarks that you can explore during your travels. From Death Valley to Yosemite, here are the five best geological landmarks that California has to offer

The Calico Hills, Mono Lake Tufa State Reserve, Pinnacles National Park, the Waterpocket Fold of Capitol Reef National Park and Mt. Shasta. Whether you're hiking or exploring by campervan, these stunning sites will surely leave a lasting impression on you!

trail-rDcLnd9HYq0-unsplash

[continue reading Visit These 5 Unbelievable Geological Landmarks In California!…]