Enthusiast III

Snohomish, WA, USA
First Name
Toney
Last Name
Albin
Member #

Hi All,
I just got a roof top tent mounted on an off road trailer and am excited to get out and use it. I am new to Washington State and am looking for some advice on where to overland. Any suggestions as to where to camp .

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hi All,
I just got a roof top tent mounted on an off road trailer and am excited to get out and use it. I am new to Washington State and am looking for some advice on where to overland. Any suggestions as to where to camp .
Wakebaby,
Are you up to coming over to Chelan this weekend? I am going to be out with my 99’ Runner and my RTT. Could show you some great country. Vance.

Reactions: AL.WVSN

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Wakebaby,
Take a look at the Members map on this site. Look up members in your area and reach out to them for Ideas. @Gabriel Bozeman, is the Overland Bound rep.the closest to you. He is a great guy and I’m sure he would give you some good places close by you to check out! Look for any meetups and the like on our site too! Vance.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi All,
The Cascades is probably the best place. Or East Washington. The Olympics are fun, but can be very wet.

Wakebaby1

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Snohomish, WA, USA
First Name
Toney
Last Name
Albin
Member #

Hi
Wakebaby,
Are you up to coming over to Chelan this weekend? I am going to be out with my 99’ Runner and my RTT. Could show you some great country. Vance.
Hi Vance, Thank You For The Offer sounds Fun For Sure. Would love to see more of that area. Are you camping or just going out for the day ? I have plans already for Sunday but might be able to come over Saturday.

Wakebaby1

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Snohomish, WA, USA
First Name
Toney
Last Name
Albin
Member #

Wakebaby,
Take a look at the Members map on this site. Look up members in your area and reach out to them for Ideas. @Gabriel Bozeman, is the Overland Bound rep.the closest to you. He is a great guy and I’m sure he would give you some good places close by you to check out! Look for any meetups and the like on our site too! Vance.
Are the meetups listed on the Maps ?

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Hi Gabriel, thank you for the suggestions. Do you have any suggestions on where in the Cascades ?
There is no shortage of places. Nearly all of the Cascade range is part of one National or State forest, BLM, Fish and Wildlife, or something. Drive over Hwy 2, 12, 410 (Passes) and there are thousands of FS roads that exit the Hwy. Get some maps and just start exploring.
My favorite are is east of Yakima, Hwy 12 and 410. Bethel Ridge is a must see. Get a Butler Maps Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. It is a map of connecting roads that goes from the Oregon boarder (Bridge of the Gods) to the Nighthawk boarder crossing into Canada. I think it is 575 miles and is 95% dirt roads. This will take you through the heart of some of Washington's best areas. It mostly follows the Cascades on one side or the other and the views are spectacular. At least 100,000 places to camp along the way.
If I were you this is where I would start. Also, see all the green in the map below, that is where you want to go. It mostly all open and free for camping.

1573229730295.png

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi Gabriel, thank you for the suggestions. Do you have any suggestions on where in the Cascades ?
Up along the N Cascades Hwy is several spots. Baker Lake road is one of my favorites (beautiful lakes and a hot spring). I don't know much about the southern Cascades, but I'm sure they have plenty of camping.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Wakebaby1

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Snohomish, WA, USA
First Name
Toney
Last Name
Albin
Member #

That would be Great. Thank You. I am off on the weekend but this Saturday I have A Class. I am Free Sunday if that works for you ?

I am planning on going next week somewhere in Skagit county. I am off work between the 13th and 17th so am flexible. I could show you some places

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Hi All,
Where are you located?

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Please send me a P.M. message on this forum, and I will give you me cell number. I am retired so can go without much notice most of the time. I will work on setting up a conference call on Sunday evenings, that way all can give ideas and start planning some trip. Will post the number and time to start the conference call. We can change the day and time after the first call depending on the needs and come to an agreement on the best day and time for most! Tell then P.M. me here on our site. Vance.