When doing the right thing feels like the wrong thing!

• HTML tutorial

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran

So as we prep for our trip trying to get every little niggle / leak sorted I had known for some time our steering box had a slight leak but as it had been getting worse and our trip will be in excess of 12 months I wanted to get it sorted.

Wanting to do the right thing a brand new, not reconditioned, steering box was fitted at a cost in excess of €1K.

1 week later you can see the result it's leaking far worse than the original steering box.

Sometimes it feels like doing the right thing is actually the wrong thing.

Hopefully will be sorted next week.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
And, ya gotta wonder sometimes about the price of some things.
Anything Land Rover Defender related these days seems to be at a premium since they stopped making them. Saying that the price for a Defender in the US is astronomically expensive.

Reactions: Zargon

3ilnouri

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Kuwait
Member #

Anything Land Rover Defender related these days seems to be at a premium since they stopped making them. Saying that the price for a Defender in the US is astronomically expensive.
You've got to live with it its a defender thing other people won't get, I think I read on LRO magazine somewhere that someone brought a new LR defender with a clunk sound in the engine bay when he opened the hood he found a spanner.

Sent from my E6833 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Polaris Overland