What's your latest camping gear purchase, and what caused you to buy it?

• HTML tutorial

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

I finally solved a long standing irritant when driving dusty back roads. The problem was pulling into camp, opening up the door to the trailer and finding the bedding covered in fine dust. It drives me NUTS! I've tried all sorts of things to fix it and after searching online I've learned this is a common problem.
Well, I've just installed a Sy-Klone RESPA cabin pressurization unit to the roof rack and plumbed it into the cabin. The positive pressure will prevent the ingress of dust, and as it runs only when the vehicle is running (and is also switched) it won't drain my house batteries.
I haven't yet had the chance to test it on the dirt but I'm convinced this will make me a much happier camper at the end of the day :-)

Attachments

Make Wai Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

San Jacinto, CA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Perez
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet
I recently purchased a pair of Beyond Bungee tie downs for my pop up campers canopy, there were no existing rope to tie it down with and I had recently received one in my BattlBox Subscription. So I bought 2 more because how how amazingly easy they are to use! I’ll add the link below so you can check them out!

Attachments

Reactions: Shahn and Road

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Needed something quick and easy for those times when we show up on site way after dark or when it's a weekend trip and the Kodiak is just too much. $75 from Walmart, delivered.
media.jpgIMAG1580.jpg

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Jetboil Genesis Basecamp System
I needed a new stove to replace my 30 year old Coleman. The adaptability and compactness of the stove and pot/pan got my attention. Used it for the first time to make breakfast, didn't even go crazy with it and am happy. Easy to use, easy to clean up, easy to pack away.
media.jpg

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I picked up a 5 lb. propane tank bag from Adventure Trail Gear in New Brunswick. Man, this thing is tough! I made tank brackets for my trailers and Jeep LJ but it's not so easy for my Jeep XJ. It straps easily to a rear mounted spare tire but with the XJ I can easily strap it to my roof rack and bring it down when I need it. I got it in black and it's hardly noticeable when it's on the roof.

Rugged 5lb Propane Tank Bag | Adventure Trail Gear

Reactions: Make Wai Overland

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Rough Country 45L Fridge.
We were using a small Coleman cooler, but the last few trips we were barely able to put any ice in with all the food for 3 people x2 nights. I was able to justify the fridge because it cost as much as a Yeti or Rtic in the same size - but no ice needed. I will be posting my wiring setup for the fridge and cap lights to my build page soon.

Next will be camping lights wired into the system. But first an ARB single compressor.

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Hubby has mentioned to me that his feet are cold at night when we camp and that he gets tangled up in the sleeping bag. We have tried Nemo and North Face but still the same comments over breakfast coffee… so I purchased a set of Klymt -20 sleeping bags.

He LOVES it and now refuses to take any other bag.

Pros : Super warm, super big and comfy, comes with arm cover so no frozen hands at night..
Cons : HUGE! - thank goodness I have a 4Runner!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Some recent things that have been purchased:

Double wide 4in thick self inflating mattress to replace the measly 1 inch mattress that comes with the tent.

Ordered some ironman4x4america.com quick release awning brackets. With the RTT on top of the X, when I put the awning up, I can't access the bolts on the backside of the awning.

I also ordered a rock slide engineering universal spare tire rack, a bnsoverland 5lb propane tank mount, and fashioned up some Shovel mounts using quick fists and some 1in tube mount clamps.

Things I was gifted for Christmas:

A luminaid inflatable solar lamp, a cool hanging rechargeable lamp, and a new fiskars 14" hatchet.