What inexpensive but good action cams are people here using?

• HTML tutorial

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I have two different ones. An Akaso V50x and an Apeman A87. Both are quite good.

That being said, you can get used gopro hero 4 blacks on ebay for around the same price.

I personally plan on getting two more Akasos, since I'm quite happy with how they work, and the feature set.

The v50x does 4k 30fps. The Apeman does 4k60, but I prefer the colors of the akasos.

Also, I can't seem to get the wireless control to work on the Apeman cam. It's not a huge deal, as I use that one as a dash cam mostly.

2dub

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Moyock, NC
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Workman
I just bought my son (He's on the spectrum too BTW) a GoPro Hero 7 I got it directly from GoPro and used his school info to register for the Student discount of 20%

He wants to make YouTube videos of our trips starting this summer.

For our level of recording, I don't think we need all the bells and whistles the 8 or 9 add. It does 4K, waterproof and everything else and I think after the discount and a couple of accessories it was still less than $200.

Now he wants a drone... SMH

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
yep, it's a slippery slope. I am looking for 3 action cams to mount on the jeep while we are driving all the time. One facing forward, one facing backward both mounted outside, and one in the cockpit facing us so we can comment etc while we are driving. Then when we get to destinations we can edit footage and create videos while we go!

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I just bought my son (He's on the spectrum too BTW) a GoPro Hero 7 I got it directly from GoPro and used his school info to register for the Student discount of 20%

He wants to make YouTube videos of our trips starting this summer.

For our level of recording, I don't think we need all the bells and whistles the 8 or 9 add. It does 4K, waterproof and everything else and I think after the discount and a couple of accessories it was still less than $200.

Now he wants a drone... SMH
Drones are AWESOME. That is one place to spend a bit of extra money.

I recommend the DJI Mavic mini 2. It's easy to fly, takes amazing videos and photos and is very compact. Here is a link to it from amazon.

Reactions: 2dub and RoarinRow