What about an Overland Bound singles section?

• HTML tutorial

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I realize this could get out of hand fast, but if everyone followed the rules of this site it might work? My guess is there are many single members on this site, that would enjoy meeting a mate that would enjoy the same outdoor hobbies? Could this work? Maybe under the classified section? Be kinda cool having members come together and have a marriage brought about through OB. Benz.

ELY-9999

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Parker, AZ, USA
First Name
ELIYAHU
Last Name
YHWH
Member #

You don't have to be lonely at overlandonly.com
True but an on-line presence just doesn't have that same personable aspect as meeting in person. I thought it would also be nice to have an annual Nationwide / Worldwide event where OBers could meet from far and wide.

S

SubeeBen

In all respect think it’s a great idea but could also open a can of worms. Keep the dating websites apart & maybe include on your personal likes to overlanding/camping/outdoors etc. although I am married & if I wasn’t I would love this option.very respectfully just my 2 cents. & on that note I did meet my wife on kiss.com.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I know we must have lots of Single Women members on this site. I ‘m guessing that because of creeps out there, they will stay safe and have a low profile even on our great site! I will say this though, you find one that has her own 4x4, likes the outdoors, does not mind getting a little dirty playing, you’d better keep her and treat her right. Benz.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Some may not agree with me on this topic, but it’s a lot more fun to have a partner to share life’s experience and adventures. Here is the part you may not agree on; Helps to have faith in God, that the right person will come into your life at the right time for Both of you! Vance.

“The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.”

jimbofoxman

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Oshtemo Township, MI, USA
Member #

That's a toughy! It does suck coming home to a empty house (especially that my 2 dogs of 13 yrs are gone), not having anyone to camp with (no friends to camp with). But it is sure nice not to have to check in with someone and being able to come and go as I please, when I please, buy whatever I want, etc.

It's a struggle I toss around in this head of mine all the time. Being single for 12 yrs (minus a few short GF stents) it's a tough rut to jump out of. :neutral:

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

True but an on-line presence just doesn't have that same personable aspect as meeting in person. I thought it would also be nice to have an annual Nationwide / Worldwide event where OBers could meet from far and wide.
I like this idea, A central location where everyone can meet up. You got overland expo west and east. Need to do a central US overland bound meet up.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Personally (My opinion, nothing to do with OB) from a legal stand point I dont see any website other than those specific dating sites diving into this much, the liability would keep them from doing it I would thing.....If your talking dating type thing.....

For a ride along thing it would seem we could advertise for riders in a rally point for the event, say a RP is made for a day trail ride to XYZ. I sign up and in comments put I have room for a rider. Or if I am looking for a ride, I could sign up for event and comment that I need a ride (my jeep is down for repair) whatever....

Just some thoughts on work arounds...

Jim

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
The idea of a singles section at first glance sounds great but when you start to think of the logistics of it, Id not know call me crazy but then that turns OB into a fish4hoes type website and I kind of like having that away from the forums. Definitely it's nice to go and meet someone and have an OB marriage but I'm not sure if id want to have all that extra traffic to the site which is inorganic and not really overland related. I think meeting a mate is still an old school traditional way of meeting, courting, becoming friends and seeing where it goes. now if the meet at a rally or event its a different story but even craigslist has eliminated the personal section from the site due to security and safety issues.