Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

Open to various types & models as I need it for functionality now more than aesthetics.

If you know of one, or have one, please let me know.

Located near Charleston, SC but given the scarcity, happy to make a road trip to meet up and make friends.

Last edited:

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

You said it! I priced a new are model last week that I priced a year ago and it’s up nearly $1k.

my plan A is new camper shell, plan B is used, plan C is something like a mountain top sliding cover with rails.

What soft topper are you considering?

SacDirtDealer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Carmichael, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

You said it! I priced a new are model last week that I priced a year ago and it’s up nearly $1k.

my plan A is new camper shell, plan B is used, plan C is something like a mountain top sliding cover with rails.

What soft topper are you considering?
I went with a Softopper. Easy install and folds away when not needed.

Reactions: dp454so

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

I went with a Softopper. Easy install and folds away when not needed.
Yes sir, I agree. Decent price point and much flexibility with the softopper. Thanks for sharing.

I guess my hangup is still, to some degree, security. For the first time in my life, had my truck broke into and tossed (nothing of value inside) and the idea of a softie just doesn’t quench that concern right now… but the flexibility is very appealing.

Also, I want to put a loaded (bug-out type) roof rack on the bed camper shell and don’t know if the softopper will hold that load.

Cheers!