Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

So I'm looking into mounts for my wife's iPad for use during overlanding and touring. There are a lot of brands out there, but a lot of them seem to assume that you never want to have access to your radio. Does anyone have any experience with any companies specializing in mounts on a swivel arm? We plan to use this for navigation and passenger entertainment, so the driver's view of the screen isn't crucial. I drive a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wk2), so I don't see a lot of aftermarket support on this front.

Sent from my toaster using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: MMCT_4x4

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Too used Kevin's @Lifestyle Overland setup as a base point. I used the longer 12" tube in my 4Runner to give plenty of room. I also used a motorcycle mirror RAM mount and another base part way up the tube where Kevin has the velcro clip for even more support.

Usual setup is my 7" Garmin and Midland MXT115 radio.

32645951_1263961557067080_3939467746193965056_o.jpg

But I've also mounted the iPad for Gaia, too. (This was when I had the 9" tube)

18491362_1047703052026266_1245887626630430842_o.jpg

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Looking into the company, it seems like they have plenty of options and add-ons to make a very nice system. Y'alls setups look like what I'm shooting for, especially if I add an extra arm to move the screens closer to the dash for passenger comfort. Also, I really like the idea of mounting the radio to the arm. I've been using a hand-held CB due to not wanting to drill into my brand-new-to-me car, but that is a wonderful alternative. How is the off road stability of the mounts in your experiences?

Reactions: MMCT_4x4

Overland_Mike

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Adams County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Balasko
Member #

Looking into the company, it seems like they have plenty of options and add-ons to make a very nice system. Y'alls setups look like what I'm shooting for, especially if I add an extra arm to move the screens closer to the dash for passenger comfort. Also, I really like the idea of mounting the radio to the arm. I've been using a hand-held CB due to not wanting to drill into my brand-new-to-me car, but that is a wonderful alternative. How is the off road stability of the mounts in your experiences?
I had to add the stabilizer side arm that bolts to the center tunnel, and the size C stuff is strong. It bounces a tiny bit but very useable at speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk