Vancouver Island Members?

• HTML tutorial

J Tosh Reed

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Member #

I know there aren't a ton of us yet but I wanna change that! The island is definitely it's own region apart from the main land, even if just because of the damn ferry being so expensive to take our vehicles on and off Haha.

There's some pretty amazing places to hit up here on the island, lots of logging roads and trails that lead to some really unbelievably awesome spots!

If anyone knows someone good spots on the island let's talk!

lvivier

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vancouver Island, Canada
Member #

Hi Tosh, I'm in Langford with a 2012 Range Rover Sport, just acquired. I've moved back after 11 years on the mainland—consider me "in recovery". Happy to help coordinate some island trips once my vehicle is dialed in.

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures

Ian jacks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nanaimo B.C
Member #

Hey y'all
New to the site new to the island and looking forward to meeting some people for exploring.
Myself: 08 Tacoma 2" oem lift on 33s
My wife: 14 jeep wrangler 4.5" lift on 35s
Both have a lot of upgrades
We just purchase a smittybilt scout trailer and tepui tent and looking to get out soon as the rain slows down a little bit. We are in Nanaimo but willing to meet up in any runs. Look forward to chatting with y'all
.Cheers

CR-FJfan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sierzputowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7BHO
Hey y'all
New to the site new to the island and looking forward to meeting some people for exploring.
Myself: 08 Tacoma 2" oem lift on 33s
My wife: 14 jeep wrangler 4.5" lift on 35s
Both have a lot of upgrades
We just purchase a smittybilt scout trailer and tepui tent and looking to get out soon as the rain slows down a little bit. We are in Nanaimo but willing to meet up in any runs. Look forward to chatting with y'all
.Cheers
Welcome aboard from Campbell River. I look forward to some pictures of the rigs and trailer!
Maybe time for a coffee meet on the mid-island this spring; I missed out on last years' in Duncan (I think)
Steve

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Hello everyone! I'm planning a trip for Team Hunt next July and would love to get you input for this section of their trip. Hunt's dad, @Trailspin, and I are in the rough planning stages. The trip will be about 3.5 weeks long, starting in Vancouver, over to the island, up to Whistler, maybe stopping at Banff along the way to the final stop at Glacier National Park in Montana.

I've already sent a PM to members through the Member Map and have a good start on mainland areas, but not much for the island. We want to see it all!

If you have any choice camp spots near good hiking/water or tracks to share would you mind posting them, or emailing them to me?

Thanks,

Brenton
brenton@4xfaradventures.com

Reactions: User 34449

The Durangler

Rank VI

Member I

Port Alberni
First Name
David
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Service Branch
Search & Rescue (R)
Hey All!!

We are located in Port Alberni. If you haven't noticed, we drive a Dodge Caravan. So we are limited with 2wd and poor ground clearance. There are still a lot of places we have gone though...

20170718_082811.jpeg

Love this community!!!

Cheers

Sent from my LG-H812 using OB Talk mobile app

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

New to the board. Have been on the island for almost 10 years have settled in Sooke. Looking forward to finding new places to explore and new ideas. Still working on bring my old Jeep back to complete life.

User 34449

Rank 0
Hi all ,just joined the site . Based in Qualicum Beach and looking forward to some touring off road on the Island. Currently working on my Sprinter 4x4 to finish camperizing it. It is pretty big for offroading on skinny trails but I want to use it ase a base camp. Looking forward to meeting members over here and going out .

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Mainlander here, but I have family on the island, so I do have reason to go there from time to time.

I've heard tell that you can drive basically from one tip of the island to the other without touching pavement. That would be a pretty epic journey if it's true. I'd love to do some back country exploring of VanIsle sometime, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Cheers!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
I've heard tell that you can drive basically from one tip of the island to the other without touching pavement. That would be a pretty epic journey if it's true. I'd love to do some back country exploring of VanIsle sometime, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Cheers!
I think this would be an awesome adventure! Who is going to set it up?

Enthusiast III

Thompson-Nicola Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Masters
Member #

Mainlander here, but I have family on the island, so I do have reason to go there from time to time.

At one time you could have run from sooke to port hardy all by gravel, but with gates going up and roads being deactivated you no longer can. You can still do a ton of it though, I think you can still do Campbell River to Port Hardy off road.

Reactions: CR-Venturer