First Name
Robert
Last Name
Pagan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IYM
Hello,

I just bought a new 50w Quad Band Radio and Quad Band Antenna and want to know if this SWR meter will work to tune my antenna?

It's been a few years since I tuned my CB so any pointers will be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
What Radio in question? And what antenna?.... my All Band radio has a built in tuner. Your tuner looks just like my CB tuner... that I use for 2m and 70cm tuning. For the rest of the bands I use a MFJ-949E... I find even on my homemade antennas, that if built to spec I have very little if any tuning to do... case in point, I took a magnetic mount LillWill Cb antenna, Cut the coil, and trimmed it to the center of the 2m band at 1/4 wave and I have a near perfect 1.2 SWR without even adjusting it. My ham sticks all strait out of the package (80m-6m, 8 sticks total) gave me a perfect 1.1-1.5 through each of the sticks.

For building antenna systems a NanoVNA is worth is weight in gold... look at the H4 models... wish I would have sprung for the larger screen off the bat... ohh well soon I will get the H4, although my H2 is doing the job well plugged into my laptop.

AA1PR

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Vermont Mountains
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Parie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA1PR
Im sorry but that tuner appears to be a CB tuner for 27 mhz, it should work for the 10M (28mhz) portion of your radio though

for the other vhf & uhf bands you really want a swr meter meant for the ham bands