Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I keep my Dometic CFX 28 in the bed of the truck when traveling. I have a camper shell to keep it covered and have solar power back there to keep it on. No issues (knock on wood), it performs as expected.

Reactions: Jeep XJ and JT

Jeep XJ and JT

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seminole, FL, USA
First Name
elliott
Last Name
coon
Member #

I specifically got the ARB Elements as it's marketed to sit in the open bed of a truck and can handle rain, dust, snow, etc. It has helped up well under those conditions (haven't tested it in snow yet). The temperature reading on the control panel isn't correct, in fact it's vastly off, so I run two Thermoworks fridge/freezer thermometers and set the fridge accordingly. Otherwise I like knowing I don't have to worry about in the bed of my truck.

Ok great I was looking at this one and the ARB Zero good info thanks

Reactions: Lil Bear

gonzoy5

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Miami, Fl
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

I'm assuming you mean for the JT. I'm in the same boat with my JT. Keeping it under a soft tonneau though. Going to use the Rebel Xplor Fridge Mount on a fridge slide. (XPLOR Rack Fridge Mount - ROE-JT-XBR-FS) Using a cheap Alpicool 45 fridge that's worked well inside a vehicle, but we'll see how it behaves in the heat of the bed. I have the factory power outlet in the bed so at least I don't need to worry about that. Good luck!

Reactions: Jeep XJ and JT

Jeep XJ and JT

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seminole, FL, USA
First Name
elliott
Last Name
coon
Member #

I'm assuming you mean for the JT. I'm in the same boat with my JT. Keeping it under a soft tonneau though. Going to use the Rebel Xplor Fridge Mount on a fridge slide. (XPLOR Rack Fridge Mount - ROE-JT-XBR-FS) Using a cheap Alpicool 45 fridge that's worked well inside a vehicle, but we'll see how it behaves in the heat of the bed. I have the factory power outlet in the bed so at least I don't need to worry about that. Good luck!
Ok let me know how the temperature holds it looks like this mount and slide it will be too tall for a tonneau cover

Reactions: gonzoy5

gonzoy5

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Miami, Fl
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

I fa
Ok let me know how the temperature holds it looks like this mount and slide it will be too tall for a tonneau cover
Not sure which fridge you have. I mocked mine up and it jsut barely clears so I'm good there. I'm using the Mopar Soft Trifold, but should also work with most soft covers. Next trip isn't till October so will be a bit for me.

Jeep XJ and JT

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seminole, FL, USA
First Name
elliott
Last Name
coon
Member #

I fa

Not sure which fridge you have. I mocked mine up and it jsut barely clears so I'm good there. I'm using the Mopar Soft Trifold, but should also work with most soft covers. Next trip isn't till October so will be a bit for me.
Sounds good I'm actually shopping for a fridge now I don't want to get the wrong one so asking around thanks

Reactions: gonzoy5

gonzoy5

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Miami, Fl
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

Sounds good I'm actually shopping for a fridge now I don't want to get the wrong one so asking around thanks
Yeah 18" is what you can shoehorn in under a soft cover lol. There's a few options out there though. I had the Alpicool already and it just happened to work so I'm set.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
How long have you had it and does it maintain temp?
I've had my Costway for over a year and it holds the temperature very well, too well actually. It took me a while to realize I had to set it higher than 36 or my beer that was along the sides or at the bottom would freeze. I am currently selling the Costway since I upgraded to a bigger dual zone fridge so I could have one side that is a fridge and one side that is a freezer. After a lot of looking around and some price comparisons I took a chance and went with the Ironman 4x4 IceCube 65L which has a 68 qt copacity. So far I really love the IceCube, this is better built than the Costway and cools even more efficiently.

Ironman 4x4 Ice Cube dual-zone, twin compartment off-road fridge and freezer 65L powered cooler

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I've had my Costway for over a year and it holds the temperature very well, too well actually. It took me a while to realize I had to set it higher than 36 or my beer that was along the sides or at the bottom would freeze. I am currently selling the Costway since I upgraded to a bigger dual zone fridge so I could have one side that is a fridge and one side that is a freezer. After a lot of looking around and some price comparisons I took a chance and went with the Ironman 4x4 IceCube 65L which has a 68 qt copacity. So far I really love the IceCube, this is better built than the Costway and cools even more efficiently.

Ironman 4x4 Ice Cube dual-zone, twin compartment off-road fridge and freezer 65L powered cooler
That is one serious looking fridge! :)

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
@RoarinRow it sure feels like a more solid fridge and the latches and handles on it are super strong. Right now it has been running in my Rec Room on A/C power for about a week and I've noticed it maintains temps without the compressor kicking on a lot, I have the fridge set at 39 and freezer at 20! In the next week I'm going to get it installed in the back of my truck and connected up to my 138ah lithium battery and see how long it runs on just the battery before I connect that battery up to be charged by my trucks alternator. I'll also be adding solar to that setup once I can figure out how to properly mount my solar panel on the truck!

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
@RoarinRow it sure feels like a more solid fridge and the latches and handles on it are super strong. Right now it has been running in my Rec Room on A/C power for about a week and I've noticed it maintains temps without the compressor kicking on a lot, I have the fridge set at 39 and freezer at 20! In the next week I'm going to get it installed in the back of my truck and connected up to my 138ah lithium battery and see how long it runs on just the battery before I connect that battery up to be charged by my trucks alternator. I'll also be adding solar to that setup once I can figure out how to properly mount my solar panel on the truck!
Yes def. a solid looking fridge. Looking forward to seeing your setup! Solar panels and all.

oeb0630

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, GA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Gray
Member #

I specifically got the ARB Elements as it's marketed to sit in the open bed of a truck and can handle rain, dust, snow, etc. It has helped up well under those conditions (haven't tested it in snow yet). The temperature reading on the control panel isn't correct, in fact it's vastly off, so I run two Thermoworks fridge/freezer thermometers and set the fridge accordingly. Otherwise I like knowing I don't have to worry about in the bed of my truck.

Hi Emulous74 - hope you are well. I was wondering if you could tell me what fridge slide that is? Does is tilt, or drop down? Also, if not too much of a hassle, could you grab a measurement from the surface of the Decked system, to the top of the fridge?

I have the same drawer system...and want the exact same fridge set up.....but I am currently working with a 12" RCI bed rack. So, wanting to make sure it will fit.

Thank you in advance if you are able to help.

oeb0630

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, GA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Gray
Member #

It's an Alu-Cab X-Large Tilting Fridge Slide, got it through OK4WD. You have to lift it to get it to tilt and you can lock out the tilting. The height from the decked system sitting on the Alu-Cab tilt slide is 18 1/8" inches at the highest point of the ARB Elements Fridge. The slide is basically adding an inch to the fridge height.
Perfect - Thank you so very much for the info! Much appreciated.

Advocate I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

We have an ARB Zero 63 that I really like. Its mounted to a Cargoslide and lives under a topper. We had some stuff to keep frozen so I tested it a few weeks back. It was in the 90s that day but it maintained 25 degrees without starting the truck for about 24hrs before it shut off. It was set to medium battery protection mode and was hooked up to a Group 27F. I need to time it at a higher temp setting still. Seems like a solid build and has some convenient features.

tundra21

Rank V

Advocate III

Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stein
Member #

Good lead, I want to find one made in USA, anywhere but China. Tks

Drkhrts

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

I have a whynter- mostly due to cost and their headquarters was close to me. Mines a 65 quart and I find the bigger the fridge the more crap you put it in. Mines been exposed for all trips and seems fine. We got a travel trailer so I keep it plugged in the garage to keep the trailers stuff chilled and then use it to transfer everything since we store the trailer at a relatives. Zero issues in a year and half. It’s been on since May nonstop.