Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

Hi,

I was looking at the Trophy Points system, recently adding a lot of evidence to get the points up.

My concern is, some of the requirements are impossible to achieve in the UK or Europe and are just not possible.

Trail Guardian events, we do have the amount of active members here to get the needed by in to organise such things, there is also legal ramifications to consider.

Tread Lightly is another kind of sore subject. With the copyright licensed to GLASS nothing can be done there either and while there is some positive talk in some of the podcasts it's still a bit of a let's not talk about it subject here. Also one of the trophies requires you to attend one of their talks/courses that just don't happen. Is there any progress with getting OB to be able to use/promote TL here? Being a member of GLASS as well I get both sides of the story..

Enough for now.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

I was looking at the Trophy Points system, recently adding a lot of evidence to get the points up.

My concern is, some of the requirements are impossible to achieve in the UK or Europe and are just not possible.

Trail Guardian events, we do have the amount of active members here to get the needed by in to organise such things, there is also legal ramifications to consider.

Tread Lightly is another kind of sore subject. With the copyright licensed to GLASS nothing can be done there either and while there is some positive talk in some of the podcasts it's still a bit of a let's not talk about it subject here. Also one of the trophies requires you to attend one of their talks/courses that just don't happen. Is there any progress with getting OB to be able to use/promote TL here? Being a member of GLASS as well I get both sides of the story..

Enough for now.
Interesting question about the trophy points in the UK and Europe. I think we need to fine tune that system to meet everyones needs, I talk with our UK/Europe AmbassadorDave Spinks @Polaris Overland to talk about this. Dave and I have regular conference calls.

We have had Trail Guardian events put on by members, they can be very informal organized locally. I can help with this process if anyone is interested just message me. @Kent R

Tread Lightly is a non profit based in the US, they have tried to get a group to take over the Licensing in the UK but nothing has happened yet. I am in contact with their Executive Director and will bring this subject up again. Whoever takes on the Licensing needs to be a nonprofit, so that makes it difficult.

As for attending a TL class that is also on line and the link is available on the forum and meet the trophy point requirements. If anyone has an issue getting the trophy for this please message me @Kent R and I will take care of it.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi,

Enough for now.
Tread lightly in the U.K. has been a thorn for a while because as you say GLASS hold the licence but pretty much do nothing with it.
Kent has had his discussions with TL in the USA but so far we haven’t been able to make progress