First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
D47B400F-C230-4F69-A492-8B1B929A7A7E.jpeg

Anyone working on any weekend or longer trips for during the next couple of months.
If so I’d certainly be interested in coming down to the likes of the Lake District or further to join in and enjoy the odd cold beeer.

Happy to join in on anything you guys are planning where I can and assist if needed.

Personally I am working on a plan for a longer trip doing the NC500 which will be generic to be used anytime not just when I do the route and a weekend trip for the NE250 which for members coming up from the south could be combined with the Snow Roads Route.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

As you know, we're planning a 4 week trip to Scandinavia. Turning out to be rally difficult to fit in everything we'd like to do and incorporate places people have recommended, while trying to keep the daily mileage, and therefore time on the road per day to a reasonable amount.
Map of route

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Extract of planning spreadsheet attached.
If you want to cut out some driving on your return route you can get the ferry from Oslo to Copenhagen. We did it in 2017 as we found that by the time we looked at fuel, bridge tolls and camping it made good sense financially.
It’s an overnight ferry and arrives early morning into Copenhagen.
I had wanted to do the big bridge but you still get to do the big bridge from Copenhagen to Danish mainland.
Plus it saves a couple of days and gives you options to stay longer elsewhere along the route

Reactions: nickburt

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
If you want to cut out some driving on your return route you can get the ferry from Oslo to Copenhagen. We did it in 2017 as we found that by the time we looked at fuel, bridge tolls and camping it made good sense financially.
It’s an overnight ferry and arrives early morning into Copenhagen.
I had wanted to do the big bridge but you still get to do the big bridge from Copenhagen to Danish mainland.
Plus it saves a couple of days and gives you options to stay longer elsewhere along the route
And Copenhagen is a beautiful city to spend a few days in

Reactions: nickburt

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Im looking at the NC500 when i return in home in March plus a few weekends away, with the AOS spring also. I have 8 weeks off, so need to fill the time!
Sounds good, I’m sure a few of us would be interested in joining you for some if not all the trips so keep us updated

Reactions: caspoint220