Traverse City, MI

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Taking my wife and kids to the Great Wolfe Lodge in Travers City, Mi. this week (Thursday-Sunday).. We will be coming up from Mid- Indian (Kokomo, IN to be exact) and notable places to see on the drive up? We plan on driving the more scenic route on the drive there and back, through the Manistee National Forest.

Would love to drive the U.P. but. that will be another trip when i have more time off of work.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Taking my wife and kids to the Great Wolfe Lodge in Travers City, Mi. this week (Thursday-Sunday).. We will be coming up from Mid- Indian (Kokomo, IN to be exact) and notable places to see on the drive up? We plan on driving the more scenic route on the drive there and back, through the Manistee National Forest.

Would love to drive the U.P. but. that will be another trip when i have more time off of work.
I know my post is a little late but I love Traverse City. I live in Iowa but spent some time in junior high and high school living in Traverse City. Last couple summers I convinced my wife to take vacations with me up to TC. After TC we went to Mackinaw Island, then spent some time in the UP staying in a cabin along the Manistee River. Drove up to Crisp Point Light House, which is a nice off-road adventure. I'd go back every year if she will let me. Took the kids this last summer and we went paddle boarding in West Bay and did some splashing around in Torch Lake. I'd live back up there in a heart beat if my wife didn't hate the snow so much. It's an amazing area. Everyone wants to head West, and I always want to head North. The UP seems like a whole other world once your up there. The Yoopers have their own ways about things. One of these days, I'm going to take a month off work and just drive around the Great Lakes and photograph all the lighthouses. If you plan to go back up, let me know. I might be able to provide some scenic information.