kydiwl

Rank I

Contributor III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Kimberley
Is anyone familiar with Hurricane Rd between Comers Creek Rd and Whitetop Rd in Rye Valley, or FS-615 (Blevins Rd to Feather Camp Rd.) in Taylor?

I'm going to be joining some friends on the Trans-America Trail at the end of the month in Atkins Va. heading down to Asheville NC. I have a 2008 2WD Tundra and the friends are aware of that and totally willing to make sure if I get stuck that I don't get left behind. We have a good assortment of recovery gear; ropes/straps, traction boards, etc. (no winch, but we do have a couple of come-alongs). I also have BFG KO2's on my truck and a small tire inflator so I can air up and down, as needed. We will be following gpsKevin's track. I traced the route on Google maps and these two areas look to be the most treacherous/questionable. I'm new to overlanding, but have driven street vehicles on the back-roads of the NC mountains for many years. No trail riding experience.

Any other areas I should be aware of? Mostly just looking for info about any parts of the trail that might be troublesome should we get rain. I'm willing to go around to avoid tearing up the trail or getting severely stuck. Although, I am looking forward to seeing what I, and my truck, are capable of.