Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Ok4wd and Offroad Consulting are hosting a full-size truck guided trail ride at Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA) in Coal Township, PA on Sunday March 10th. Would be great to get a bunch of OB folks together for an informal East Coast meet... Who's in?

Full Size Trail Ride Registration - March 10, 2019
If you make this a Rally Point Event to get OB folks to meet there you might get a better response.

If you do and have any questions shoot me a message @Hank Outdoors. Once posted I will post it on the East Region Facebook group as well directing members back to the rally point to RSVP.

Blue Moser

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Milton, Pennsylvania
Member #

One issue with a event like this is, you’ll only be paired with similar equipped vehicles. So if your stock and another is heavy modded. You’ll be split up. These events are large and won’t be a proper time for a impromptu meet. I believe it would require pre registration for this event also.

( AOAA is only 25 - 30 mins from me )

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

DVC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

If you make this a Rally Point Event to get OB folks to meet there you might get a better response.

If you do and have any questions shoot me a message @Hank Outdoors. Once posted I will post it on the East Region Facebook group as well directing members back to the rally point to RSVP.
Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a try...

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

DVC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

One issue with a event like this is, you’ll only be paired with similar equipped vehicles. So if your stock and another is heavy modded. You’ll be split up. These events are large and won’t be a proper time for a impromptu meet. I believe it would require pre registration for this event also.

( AOAA is only 25 - 30 mins from me )
Yes, as I understand it, there will be different run groups to suit different levels of vehicle capability (and driver "commitment" : )
But where you go is totally up to you; people who want to ride together will not be split up by the organizers. In fact, going with one of the guided rides is totally optional... People are welcome to strike out on their own, and follow the map of full size friendly trails as they wish.

I think the format of different run groups is actually a great idea. It's better to know what you're setting off into based on the experience of guides who are being paid to help everyone enjoy the trails that best suit their interests. The guys with fully built rigs can certainly take easier routes if they want to stick with their friends who are stock... But this way you don't mistakenly follow a "buddy" in a JK on 42s to a section of the park that they say is fun, and fine for a full size... only to end up over your head and stressed out. (Ask me how I know.)

I have zero affiliation with this event, by the way... I've just been keeping an eye out for a full size friendly guided trail ride for a while now, so i think it's great that they're doing one.

As far as registration, I'm pretty sure you can register at the event, but it's a little cheaper if you pre-register.

Last edited: