Trail Runner

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Curtis
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I have a 2000 Toyota 4Runner I don't know much about Toyota 4Runners and could use some advice anyone have any advice for me

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Might want to be more specific. Tires, suspension, engine, etc.? Toyota has some on-line forums just for your specific vehicle I'm pretty sure. Look at various forums here. There are many that have built up 4Runners and can give you various ideas depending on what it is you are interested in. Many aftermarket additions for Toyotas. I have a Tacoma for that reason.

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
There are several of us on the forum who have 4Runners and will wax philosophical on them depending on what your looking for...first thing out the gate is you got a nice rig and depending on what you want to do and where you want to go and how much stuff and humans/pets you want to take with you it can be a great platform for adventures!

Reactions: Coreymol

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I have a 2000 Toyota 4Runner I don't know much about Toyota 4Runners and could use some advice anyone have any advice for me
My first recommendation for getting 4Runner specific mods and recommendations to to join up at Toyota-4Runner.org
Lots of technical details broken down by 4Runner generation. For the 2000 models check out the 3rd generation sub forum.

Also on check out Timmy the Toolman on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/TimmyTheToolman for lots of mechanical advice on building out and up 4Runners and other Toyotas.

Boort

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
As a Sequoia lover coming from Jeep, I am so glad I did this, Toyota has a great rep and I think you have a great rig to build the way you want. I looked for people running "build Threads" for ideas and ask questions not sure if this would help but here is a start: Search results for query: 4runner

Jim

Reactions: Boort

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
I am waiting on a 4runner to arrive, I am coming from a tacoma (several actually over the years) this will be my first SUV in general let alone 4runner so I have been watching all these threads with a lot of interest. I already have a plan and budget but part of that depends on what the truck actually arrives with that i cant find on the spec sheet. good luck!

Reactions: Camguti and Boort

Trail Runner

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Curtis
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I really like my 4Runner I think you'll like yours if you've ever drove a 90 model Ford Bronco it feels just like that but smaller to my opinion the only difference is the forerunners more narrow but they still exactly the same almost iPad 3 Broncos and I can't help but to notice their similarities between a 4Runner or Ford Explorer and a Ford Bronco