St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
We did most of the Barlow Road out in the Mt. Hood Forest, camped near White River. He didn't do great, but it was new, so we'll try again! Truck was crammed full, and I smashed up a hitch carrier, lol. Got back and immediately went and bought a yakima roof box, my little truck is at capacity!

Attachments

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Awesome man! It's definitely tough with the little ones. I'm taking my 5 year old on his first trip next weekend pending the weather. Then trying with our 5 yo and 1.5 yo in a few weeks. Biggest issue for little ones i think is temperature and length in the car if they aren't a fan.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
We did most of the Barlow Road out in the Mt. Hood Forest, camped near White River. He didn't do great, but it was new, so we'll try again! Truck was crammed full, and I smashed up a hitch carrier, lol. Got back and immediately went and bought a yakima roof box, my little truck is at capacity!
My first trip with my son (around 4 yo). I had a small back packing dome and it rained and rained and rained. Took forever to get him back out.

Reactions: Spud

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Intersted in some more info about that Club Cab Dodge following you.

My son is 7. He absolutely loves the outdoors. He loves camping and biking.

It all started by just taking him to the wilderness.

Keeps me smiling everytime we go.
I don't know much about it, belongs to a co-worker. It's ratty, basically stock say for I think a shackle flip in the back, 35" tires. Him and his wife sleep in the canopy on a futon mattress when they camp, very bare bones setup

Reactions: DevilDodge