Stafford, Virginia, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Kinsman
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
I’m excited to say that I am officially a OB member! I have been overlanding for years and binge watching overlanding videos on YouTube for even longer. After a brief hiatus after have been stationed in Africa for 3 years and back in the US for training over the last year, I’m finally getting back into my passion and hobby.

I have a 1996 Toyota Hilux Surf otherwise known as a KZN185. It has a small 3L turbo diesel (1kzte) that is near bullet proof. I am excited to get started building out this rig. Being more selfish than anything, I will be posting significantly on this forum on the build not to share but so I remember what my train of thought was.

On my latest adventure, my wife and I took a 5500 mile trip out to Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton National parks coming from the East Coast. Hoping for many more to come!

Give me a follow if you want to follow the build!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m excited to say that I am officially a OB member! I have been overlanding for years and binge watching overlanding videos on YouTube for even longer. After a brief hiatus after have been stationed in Africa for 3 years and back in the US for training over the last year, I’m finally getting back into my passion and hobby.

I have a 1996 Toyota Hilux Surf otherwise known as a KZN185. It has a small 3L turbo diesel (1kzte) that is near bullet proof. I am excited to get started building out this rig. Being more selfish than anything, I will be posting significantly on this forum on the build not to share but so I remember what my train of thought was.

On my latest adventure, my wife and I took a 5500 mile trip out to Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton National parks coming from the East Coast. Hoping for many more to come!

Welcome To Overland Bound
Africa then Virginia, :kissing: Navy? Great rig to build!
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: LandSurfer96

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

LandSurfer96

Rank IV

Traveler III

Stafford, Virginia, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Kinsman
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps

Welcome To Overland Bound
Africa then Virginia, :kissing: Navy? Great rig to build!
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Marines. Thank you! I’m excited to get started

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Marines. Thank you! I’m excited to get started
Have fun, and remember the community here is very willing to help out with any questions you might have.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Welcome to the overland bound community from another vet. Glad to have you join us.