Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rhyl, Denbighshire, Wales, United Kingdom
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

Hey Guys. Thought I'd start a thread on my D1 that I'm building into an expedition truck, similar to a Camel Trophy Build with my own preferences and touches. Here's a picture of when I first bought it.

First changes came quick, roof rack, winch bumper, spare wheel roof mounted, and my roof top tent fitted up top ready for a 3 week expedition around the UK, with a snorkel & a wading breather kit fitted.

I also made a makeshift table on the swing out door so that we have an even surface to cook, clean etc..it's a simple wooden table but it does the job, eventually id like to upgrade it with chequer plating.

I've used her for off roading as well as expedition trips. I've recently purchased some Defender steel wheels, new AT tyres, and some gorilla mounts to hold the shovel on the roof rack (I'll upload pictures later after going off roading)

Next I think I'll be going for a 2" lift kit, bigger tyres & redo my boot build with fitted draws.

Tom Burnet

Rank VI
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

I've just dropped my Discovery off for her MOT. She's having some welding done, extended brake lines ( ready for my lift ) and a brake service.

Also! My lift kit has arrived [emoji51] 2" shocks and springs. Heavy duty since I'll be holding a lot in my boot and it'll help when I have the roof top tent on.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tom Burnet

Rank VI
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

How's it going guys..
Well she passed the MOT, 1 advisory to change the UJ's but I have plans to upgrade to heavy duty UJ's and prop so all good.

I fitted my lift kit, dislocation cones, extended brake lines, removed my anti roll bars for more articulation too. I used TerraFirma Heavy Duty shocks and springs & extended lines, adrenalin4x4 dislocation cones front and rear, new bolts all round & some galvanised turret mounts.

Heading out on Sunday to test out the new set up, I'll get some pictures up [emoji5]

Now to get this boot build done and dusted over the coming weeks.

Tom Burnet

Rank VI
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Burnet
Member #

Started the boot build, the carcass is pretty much made, waiting on some heavy duty ball bearing rails to arrive now so I can make up the drawer system and get it all carpeted.
But for now I've been sight seeing on my back door step, Wales.

I also did a well over due service & replaced my rear doughnut after it started knocking [emoji58]

Thought I'd service the civic whilst I was on the job too [emoji41]