Launch Member

Traveler II

Monticello, GA, USA
First Name
kaine
Last Name
ellis
Member #

Im in a tire debate. I have been running thebgeneral grabber red letter tires for a while now and absolutely love there offroad traction until it comes to anything muddy. Once they get a little mud on them they are slick. So that being said ive been going back and forth between the trepador tire, grabber x3, and the truxus mt. What do yall think

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

My vote is Pro comp pretty much any of the swamper line for only mud or milestar patagonia mt if you want to go through mud and still have a nice ride home. Might help to know what your driving, tires act different on different rigs. Im suprised generals arent doing it for you are you in a full sized rig?

Reactions: kaine ellis

kaine ellis

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Monticello, GA, USA
First Name
kaine
Last Name
ellis
Member #

My vote is Pro comp pretty much any of the swamper line for only mud or milestar patagonia mt if you want to go through mud and still have a nice ride home. Might help to know what your driving, tires act different on different rigs. Im suprised generals arent doing it for you are you in a full sized rig?
89 dodge ramcharger. Im in georgia so everything down here is muddy and slick. Even the dry season is muddy..lol

Reactions: TexasGMG

kaine ellis

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Monticello, GA, USA
First Name
kaine
Last Name
ellis
Member #

Ive run a ton of different tires. Boggers, truxus mt, procomp xtreme mt, grabbers, bfg km2, the best tire ive run for our terrain is the bogger but there crap for asphalt. Ive seen alot of good reviewa on the trepador radials but am having trouble deciding.. lol

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

89 dodge ramcharger. Im in georgia so everything down here is muddy and slick. Even the dry season is muddy..lol
May just be me but if i were you id get the procomp tires aka interco super swamper tsl line if the mud is that bad, they are legendary in the mud for a reason.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ive run a ton of different tires. Boggers, truxus mt, procomp xtreme mt, grabbers, bfg km2, the best tire ive run for our terrain is the bogger but there crap for asphalt. Ive seen alot of good reviewa on the trepador radials but am having trouble deciding.. lol
With a larger rig you will probably eat up most mud tires, many if not all have softer compound. on the highway, thats the trade off.

kaine ellis

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Monticello, GA, USA
First Name
kaine
Last Name
ellis
Member #

With a larger rig you will probably eat up most mud tires, many if not all have softer compound. on the highway, thats the trade off.
Yea. Ive been through that especially with the interco tires ive run. I dont really mind if i need a set once a year aslong as they provide what is needed..

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Yea. Ive been through that especially with the interco tires ive run. I dont really mind if i need a set once a year aslong as they provide what is needed..
Yep thats the conundrum even in my colorado tires wear pretty fast at 6300lb i get a new set of patagonias every 1.5 years, on my ranger @ 3000lb it rarely need new tires maybe every 4 years.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I had to go through alot of different tires til i found what was right for me and my use, its expensive and annoying the only tire i can for sure tell you to stay away from are toyo open country mt they may be ok on small stuff and they look good but in rain they slip and slide on the road and in mud they get stuck like a at tire, and they wear crazy fast.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have an 89 FSB running Maxxis Bighorn MTs . I love the things... have done everything I have asked this past year and looks like they should run for a few more years.... we don’t have the same kind of mud here as you do there though. They clay here seams to be no challenge for the bighorns.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Irok Radials. Pitbull Rocker Radials. Are the kings of mud, around here.

The Grabber x3's are the most streetable of the ones you selected. Those look like the old Cooper STT's. Not the best in mud, but do perfectly fine in it.

Last edited: