Saranac, MI, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
McClellan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K8DC
I just made this video walkthrough of our new Thor Sanctuary (a.k.a. Tranquility) 19P camper van. We have camped in it overnight a couple of times to try it out, and next week we're off on a 9-day overland trip in Michigan's upper peninsula. We're going to test out the 4x4 on some forest roads and trails, but probably won't push the off-road envelope too far on its maiden voyage.

Reactions: DTK406

DTK406

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montana
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7VUT
Service Branch
Coast Guard 90-97
Jay thanks for the Vids. Just picked up my Sanctuary this week. Love it!

Jay McClellan

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Saranac, MI, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
McClellan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K8DC
Jay thanks for the Vids. Just picked up my Sanctuary this week. Love it!
Yeah we love ours too, after a lot of work to repair and customize it. I hope you have a blast with your van. Be sure to watch my cabinet-fail video and check yours carefully (and often) to make sure it's secure. I'm not sure how widespread that problem is but it's happened to others.

DTK406

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montana
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7VUT
Service Branch
Coast Guard 90-97
I did see that video and we checked before we bought and will keep and eye on it. They no longer make the AGM version so we got the 400ah lithium. It took us a while to find the newer version that places the batteries inside. We live in Montana and it would be impossible to keep them warm hanging under the van. It takes up some of the limited space but at least they are protected.

Jay McClellan

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Saranac, MI, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
McClellan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K8DC
I did see that video and we checked before we bought and will keep and eye on it. They no longer make the AGM version so we got the 400ah lithium. It took us a while to find the newer version that places the batteries inside. We live in Montana and it would be impossible to keep them warm hanging under the van. It takes up some of the limited space but at least they are protected.
Yeah we looked at a lithium version with the batteries underneath, but it wasn't really an option because it had already been sold and no more were on order in our area. I don't think it's a good solution in cold climates like Montana and Michigan, even with a battery heater (ugh). At least with the batteries inside you can have a spare tire underneath, leaving both doors available for cargo racks if you want to go that route. You also have the advantage of a larger inverter, and it would be simple enough to upgrade mine (1kW) but it would also require the work of running heavier supply cables from the battery bank so I haven't done that yet.