Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Hi There looks like you might have two posts going asking relatively a similar question, so pick one so you can track responses and we can wax philosophical and all the goodies and the pro's / cons and debate

Other thread : Toyota

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
Do you have family? I removed the back seats as while it is my only vehicle I am retired and single. Mine is now a 2 seater vehicle.

You need to tell us a lot more about how you will use it. My situation is not that common so my advice would probably not meet your needs.

Trail Runner

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Curtis
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I plan on living on the road in mine I'm a single man with no family and no kids I basically want to become a work camper working all around the country maybe as a forest ranger so living out of my shuvi makes sense I have a box trailer to put behind it 7 by 12 I'm converting it into a camper trailer hook up to my 4Runner I've also got a Brute Force 750 Kawasaki in the back so I basically want to be able to go everywhere pull my ATV out go hunting or fishing and then go to work all out of my SUV

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I plan on living on the road in mine I'm a single man with no family and no kids I basically want to become a work camper working all around the country maybe as a forest ranger so living out of my shuvi makes sense I have a box trailer to put behind it 7 by 12 I'm converting it into a camper trailer hook up to my 4Runner I've also got a Brute Force 750 Kawasaki in the back so I basically want to be able to go everywhere pull my ATV out go hunting or fishing and then go to work all out of my SUV
Work on power, solar sounds like your best bet, lithium batteries. I use a RedArc manager 30 to control the charging but there are plenty of other quality solar power controllers. I also have a Long Range America 24 gal auxiliary tank to extend my range which might be of use to your goal.Add a quality alarm system, if your whole life is in your truck then do everything to keep it yours.

Last edited: