• HTML tutorial

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Hello guys,

Michael & Corrie, I know you guys are very busy with OB. But what you guys have created and the spirit of what overlanding is, needs to be heard by the masses. Our family appreciates the world that overlanding has opened our eyes to. And I think there are so many more who need to hear this story. With that being said, I’m wondering if you guys have considered documenting your journey in a book?

I’m not much of a reader at all, but my wife is. She has been part of a few book clubs. Many times she will read a book and share with me what it’s all about. I think the idea of a book would reach a whole new audience. Maybe not the folks who are actually turning wrenches and putting boots on the ground, but maybe a single mom who has a kid who needs adventure and knows there is a local club in the community or a dad who is going through work related stress and has a wife who reads.

When I worked for Oakland Fire, one of our members wrote a book of his process of becoming a fireman and I will never forget the way he told his story, because it was also my story. I think you guys have an incredible story to share, and that story is all of our story! I have no doubt it started with a desire to be outdoors, a dream of sharing your philosophy with like minded friends and now it’s a movement with a momentum that is not slowing down anytime soon! I would like for you to consider writing a book for those who support the adventurers in their families. As always, thank you for what you do for all of us!

“Adventure is necessary”,

Dan

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
@Corrie and @Michael something to think about!

How to turn videos into a book! If only there were some software to do that!

I think what @Sheepdog831 wants to hear is the back story, what drove you to do this massive thing?, what was your inspiration?
It's one we've heard bits and pieces of, but to document that in it's entirety would be a good read.

One more thing, right?

Now get on it! Dan.

ExpeditionDriven

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

@Corrie and @Michael something to think about!

How to turn videos into a book! If only there were some software to do that!

I think what @Sheepdog831 wants to hear is the back story, what drove you to do this massive thing?, what was your inspiration?
It's one we've heard bits and pieces of, but to document that in it's entirety would be a good read.

One more thing, right?

Now get on it! Dan.
I couldn't agree more. That being said it's obviously a large task and would take some time. Building off this idea an audio book narrated by the both of you would be a stellar addition. I don't read much but I do love to listen to audio books. An audio book is how I pass time while driving to and from work (as well as podcasts so thank you for that too!).

People are invested in you two. It's not just your mission we are drawn to but your personality also. Books open up the door to the possibility of a whole new audience.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Waiting for the 2019 phone app rollout. It will be interesting how much this might grow the community.

AprilC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rocklin, CA
Member #

I think that is a great idea. It is a lot of work. They could also do a call for submissions, and other OB members could submit their stories or submit for different sections to be published. Of course, it would be up to OB on what gets published. .