The roaming ram

• HTML tutorial

roamingram44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bowling green ky
Member #

So i will start this off by saying im fairly new to the whole overlanding concept but have always loved the outdoors. This time last year i bought my truck a 2013 ram 1500 quad cab with the 5.7 hemi and 4wd

Sent from my SM-G360P using OB Talk mobile app

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Looks good! I would recommend looking into upper control arms, rams have always had ball joint issues and it seems more prevalent in the 4th gens, especially if youre going to be taking it off the pavement. Ive blown both upper control arms and it wasnt pretty, $2000 for each side.

Reactions: roamingram44

roamingram44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bowling green ky
Member #

I forgot to mention that lol yea ive been watching mine closely. Also wondering if anyone has any experience with the mevotechs as the zones just arent in the budget right now with a move coming up.

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

I forgot to mention that lol yea ive been watching mine closely. Also wondering if anyone has any experience with the mevotechs as the zones just arent in the budget right now with a move coming up.

I have the Zones and LOVE them, I think that they are well worth the price. I have heard that the Mevotechs are really similar to the Moog arms. I think they are a good middle ground between stock and a zone or Uniball design. From what I saw its about $200 for a pair of the mevotechs, and Zones are $430. In my honest opinion I would save up a little more and do it right the first time and get the zones. Im a firm believer in buy once, cry once. Are you gunna have a shop install them or are you gunna do it yourself?

And truckerbizz thanks for the advice ive been watching your build for awhile what do you think of the truck bed tent

Its a great thing to get started with and especially for the weekend warrior. I am looking at replacing it with a RTT come spring. I dont like having to take out everything of the bed to set it up and the one of the poles that hold up the entrance has splintered twice so its held together with some duct tape.

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Definitely, I'm a visual learner so seeing how its supposed to go is a lot better than reading instructions haha. This guy's got a lot of great videos of all sorts of issues.

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

I understand that, I just moved from WA to NV and it was a pretty penny so I can only imagine how much more itll be across the country.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Truck looks good. I too have had the truck bed tent and like @Truckerbizz said, taking things in and out of the bed kinda sucks but it was definetly better than sleeping on the ground...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Mountain.Mike

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Pikeville, Kentucky
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Pruitt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4JNQ
Morgantown about 45 minutes away from bowling green so pretty far west

Yeah, that's about a 5 hour drive from me. You aren't too far from land between the lakes. I've never made it out there, but it looks like it might have some good opportunities to get outdoors and explore.

Last edited:

roamingram44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bowling green ky
Member #

Havent been able to do much since california has shockingly been getting rain did get to meet up with my buddy and his beastly raptor to plan an upcoming trip

Reactions: Zargon