Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Usually the last show I attend each year ...

http://www.greatbritishlrshow.com

The Great British Land Rover Show returns to NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire on Sunday November 25th 2018

Tickets are £12.50 per adult available to buy on the door. Under 14s go free. Off-Road Course tickets are £15.

Last edited:

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

A few photos from the show. Did anybody else go? What did you think?
IMG_5382.JPGIMG_5379.JPGIMG_5380.JPGIMG_5381.JPGIMG_5383.JPGIMG_5372.JPGIMG_5331.JPGIMG_5320.JPGIMG_5316.JPGIMG_5354.JPG

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Gave it a miss this year. Beginning to feel that many of the traders at these shows (especially the bigger or indoor ones) tend to hike their prices.
Shows used to be about grabbing bargains, as well as seeing the latest ideas and innovations, but I really get the feeling there's a band wagon being jumped on by many of them, but worse, they just want your money, without too much after sales care.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Gave it a miss this year. Beginning to feel that many of the traders at these shows (especially the bigger or indoor ones) tend to hike their prices.
Shows used to be about grabbing bargains, as well as seeing the latest ideas and innovations, but I really get the feeling there's a band wagon being jumped on by many of them, but worse, they just want your money, without too much after sales care.
That’s not been my experience, but I’ve only bought from a couple traders at shows. Talking to some of the traders though it isn’t cheap to do a one day show (especially when they only last a few hours). I guess it depends on the trader.

I also seriously considered not going since I’d spend 3 hrs traveling for just a few hours at the show. In the end spent a lot of time chatting to people that I only ever see at the shows so it was a good trip.

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hey mates, new to OB, living in France, i am exploring your UK forum. I was member of a french LROC for many years but finally sold my 1972 109 S2A (and really miss it but... Diesel engine was a bad choice for my ears). But i loved this vehicle so much!

On YouTube i can see a lot of people from UK greenlaning in the Pyrenees. I hope (if i am more than only one haha) i can get the France forum open and we can help and answer questions if some of you guys need informations about transpyrenean / french and spanish pyrenees. I live in Biarritz, south west. Well, let's keep in touch :)

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hey mates, new to OB, living in France, i am exploring your UK forum. I was member of a french LROC for many years but finally sold my 1972 109 S2A (and really miss it but... Diesel engine was a bad choice for my ears). But i loved this vehicle so much!

On YouTube i can see a lot of people from UK greenlaning in the Pyrenees. I hope (if i am more than only one haha) i can get the France forum open and we can help and answer questions if some of you guys need informations about transpyrenean / french and spanish pyrenees. I live in Biarritz, south west. Well, let's keep in touch :)
One of the more active person in France is Jordan of @ALNSM_Overland. Get in contact with him, as he lives up north and you in the south. You both could make it work in France.
I will work together with everybody who likes to make Overlanding great in Mid Europe.

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Unfortunately this is by far the busiest time of the year for my business so, regarding the distance (and my old lifted unstable boat, sorry, jeep, i won't be able to make it this time. But defo looking to meet you guys anytime soon. I want it to happen so it will :)
Thanks for the invitation Robert