Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

I had some time on my hands and decided to put all of the Texas state parks and state natural areas into GaiaGPS as waypoints. I have exported them as a .gpx if anyone is interested. IF I do any other states it will be New Mexico, but that will probably be it. Either way, Here you are.

GPX viewer

Attachments

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

SWEEETTTT!!!!!

Last Thanksgiving I uploaded 54,000 miles worth of routes I had to GAIA and posted them public but didn’t have any Texas!!

2WheelRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

SWEEETTTT!!!!!

Last Thanksgiving I uploaded 54,000 miles worth of routes I had to GAIA and posted them public but didn’t have any Texas!!
Wow, that's a lot of miles. I dont have much of anything, so I entered these myself. I do have Big Bend, and the Hill Country Overland Route. I also have a the Lone Star Hiking trail. If you're interested.

Full disclosure, I downloaded them. They aren't my routes.

Reactions: Wanderer351

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

I would love to add them!!

Not all of the routes of shared are mine. I’ve done quite a few but maybe one percent of the total. But I have curated quite a bit that I found over the years

Reactions: 2WheelRob

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Those waypoints would be very useful for me, but I’m having trouble. My phone is saying it can’t get the gpx tracks info. Does it need to be downloaded on a computer?

2WheelRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

Those waypoints would be very useful for me, but I’m having trouble. My phone is saying it can’t get the gpx tracks info. Does it need to be downloaded on a computer?
Not sure, they are just waypoints in the file. There aren't any tracks or routes in there. I've been able to download gpx and import to GaiaGPS on my phone, so im not sure what is causing the problem.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Not sure, they are just waypoints in the file. There aren't any tracks or routes in there. I've been able to download gpx and import to GaiaGPS on my phone, so im not sure what is causing the problem.
I think it was the app not playing nice with my crapple phone. I moved the link to the browser, downloaded and uploaded to gaia. Awesome work